Is it just me or does Creon taste nasty?

Enzo2311

Like at school when I go to the nurses to take them with water, they taste really gross for some reason. Anyone else find this the same problem?

G

Gorf

I hope your not chewing them, not supposed to. They do stink though. I don't keep in mouth that long, pills in and swallow immediately.

JustDucky

I think that they have a funky taste to them, especially if you don't swallow them quickly....it's hard to describe what they taste like...they almost remind me of plastic.

Jenn 41 wCF
'

Cados

There is a minor taste but after so many years of taking them i dont even notice it. Especially with vitabdeck, salt tablets and other non coated antibiotics tasting foul. In comparison Creon is good tasting haha.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I agree. They do have a bit of a weird taste to them and I swallow them very quickly as others have also mentioned. Luckily I have trouble with my smell/taste so it's not too bad for me.

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
I get the part about the smell depending on the smeller. Try asking the nurse to place your Creon out on a paper saucer or cup a couple hours before you need to take them. Or, cut little disks out of a (new) pair of OderEaters and place them in your Creon bottles or whatever stinks.

Better Living Through Invention
LL