IVF success stories, please share need to hear some positive stories

laneyb

Hi everyone

I posted on another thread before asking about early stages of pregnancy.

My name is Elaine, 32 with CF. We just finished our first round of IVF, single embryo transfer after 2 days. It started off so well our first beta hcg blood test 12 days post transfer just last Monday 17 June was 45 iu L we were sooooo excited as that was a good result! 4 days later just Friday past when the 2nd beta hcg blood test was due I had bleeding when I went to the toilet and I knew this wasn't a good sign and then the blood test confirmed as it had declined it was now 7 iu L! This was our first full round of IVF. We had started a round just before this but it was cancelled as I didn't respond to the hormones so it was cancelled after 2 weeks of taking hormones. We have 2 frozen embryos so we are praying that they stick!!

We were so hopeful with this embryo as we are dealing with male fertility problems all my tests were fine. Please God the first frozen embryo sticks. Our next transfer will be August or early September as I am working for the month of July plus my husband thinks it will be good for me to have a break and give my body time to get over all the hormones etc. from this round.

Has anyone else with CF dealing with male fertility problems had any IVF success stories they can share? I would love to hear happy stories . We were so sad when the 2nd bloods were negative and are really hoping ourr next transfer with a frozen embryo is successul.

Elaine. Irish lady living in France with CF just finished first full round of failed IVF. 2 frozen embryos waiting for us.

J

John O

Hi Elaine,

I am a male CFer and my wife and I went through IVF and what is called PGD(pre genetic implantation). My wife was found to be infertile and also a CF carrier. So that put us at a 50% chance at having a child with CF. So we did PGD which is pre screening the embryos before implantation to see if they were full blown CF. We would not implant a full blown embryo. WE decided this was the best option for our family. As for me I am a fertile male CFer which is because of my rare CF gene 3849 10KB Ct. We had a miscarriage in our first IVF and then the second round of IVF we were given our miracle in our daughter. She was born this past October and is as healthy as can be. I know what you and your husband are going through and I can tell you its not easy. It is a roller coaster ride but it will bring you and your husband even closer in your relationship. Never ever give up and do not lose any hope. My wife and I had the deck of cards stacked against us but we never said we were done. Keep your head up and if you want to message me please do. I love to talk. I will give you my blog and the blog post I wrote about our IVF. I hope you get a chance to read it. It will offer you hope and that is what you need.

http://livingmydreamswithcf.blogspot.com/p/ivf.html

http://livingmydreamswithcf.blogspot.com/p/our-little-miraclealayna.html

John
CFer 28 yrs old.

kyeev

Hi everyone

I posted on another thread before asking about early stages of pregnancy.

My name is Elaine, 32 with CF. We just finished our first round of IVF, single embryo transfer after 2 days. It started off so well our first beta hcg blood test 12 days post transfer just last Monday 17 June was 45 iu L we were sooooo excited as that was a good result! 4 days later just Friday past when the 2nd beta hcg blood test was due I had bleeding when I went to the toilet and I knew this wasn't a good sign and then the blood test confirmed as it had declined it was now 7 iu L! This was our first full round of IVF. We had started a round just before this but it was cancelled as I didn't respond to the hormones so it was cancelled after 2 weeks of taking hormones. We have 2 frozen embryos so we are praying that they stick!!

We were so hopeful with this embryo as we are dealing with male fertility problems all my tests were fine. Please God the first frozen embryo sticks. Our next transfer will be August or early September as I am working for the month of July plus my husband thinks it will be good for me to have a break and give my body time to get over all the hormones etc. from this round.

Has anyone else with CF dealing with male fertility problems had any IVF success stories they can share? I would love to hear happy stories . We were so sad when the 2nd bloods were negative and are really hoping ourr next transfer with a frozen embryo is successul.

Elaine. Irish lady living in France with CF just finished first full round of failed IVF. 2 frozen embryos waiting for us.

Hi Elaine,
We've had two boys by IVF.
My wife is non-carrier of CF and I have the typical CF infertility, congenital absence of the vas deferens thing.
My wife did the 4 weeks tracking, 2 weeks sniffer stimulation, egg harvest protocol.
I had sperm aspirated direct from the testes (epididymus).
Then they used the ICSI procedure.
We got pregnant first time and had a baby straight off.
We thought it was so easy, we may as well have another one.
7 attempts and 5 years later (and who knows how much money), the second boy finally arrived.
So its a hard long road really, you need some luck I think.

There is a new procedure available where they video the embryo from day 1 and by day 5, they know if it will be viable or not.
It increases the chance of a sucessful pregnancy from 30% to 70% I believe.
Not every centre will have the technology but it will become more available in the next few years I believe.

laneyb

Hi guys

Thank you so much for sharing your stories. I loved reading them and reading about your little miracles that you now have and it's amazing. It really helps me think positively for when we do our embryo transfer. I'm so sorry i'm only posting again after all these weeks. I have been working at a summer camp and it's going good but it's very tiring and I have been missing in action with everyone as I have no time for much else in the evenings once i'm home!! It's tiring but good for me as it's very warm and the heat is good for me aswell as the exercise so it's positive too! since we moved to France my health has been great no problems (as I touch wood)

We will do the embryo transfer in September hopefully early September . My body is still not in sync after the failed IVF as i'm still waiting for AF to arrive and I have read that most women were 1 or more weeks late getting theirs after a failed attempt. Hopefully I get it soon as I want to start setting dates and organizing when we'll be able to do the embryo transfer.

I hope you are well and your health is good. Please stay in touch and i'm so sorry i'm only replying now but please keep in touch and if there are anymore IVF stories please send them on :O)

L

liveinhope

Insurance denied... please has anyone had to fight their insurance to get IVF/PGD covered.
Thanks

liveitup

Our insurance was very blunt....they covered $10,000/lifetime. As you know, that doesn't get you far with IVF/PGD. We ended up paying out of pocket for almost everything (we had $900 left toward our last cycle.) I would ask your doctor about offering you your insurance company's rate. Even if your insurance doesn't cover it, they may give you that reduced rate. Good luck!
b

T

TravisCornish

Yes sharing successful stories will definitely help many couples to remain positive in a long and emotional journey of IVF. My wife has just passed the halfway mark in pregnancy and now become more close to meet our first son. The journey initiated a year ago without ever realizing it. I am grateful for doctors and hope for the miracle happen successfully.