Jesse <3

Jane

Digital opinion leader
For those who haven't heard our sad news, our beloved younger son Jesse passed away on May 13th. He had been in the ICU at Boston Children's Hospital since April 11th where he was waiting for a double lung transplant.
He had been listed since February 2014, but had a very rapid decline in April. He was admitted on April 4th to be fitted for a Bipap but it caused him so much anxiety and sleeplessness, he was sedated and put on a ventilator on April 11th. He had a major hemoptysis and was embolized, but on April 17th his lungs began to fail and his CO2 level went into the 100s. He was put on ECMO where he remained for 25 days.
His new lungs just didn't come in time.

During his time in ICU I started a Facebook page "Lungs for Jesse" to share his journey.

Here is Jesse's obituary for anyone interested. Http://www.shepherdfuneralhome.com/obituaries.html

Imogene

Administrator
Thank you Jane. We followed your journey and continue to remember Jesse in so many ways. Peter and I listened to some American Indian music and remembered him, even a ukulele brought back his memory this weekend. I plan to get in touch with Rise and ask her for information about lung transplants. What are the numbers? of those being transplanted? of available tissues?
I wonder as you and Bill go forward with this sad but important legacy.
Continue to remind us.
Thank you.

R

Red9928

I am so very sorry for your loss, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Monica