job

hi,
i,m new to this. just a quick question, do any of you pwcf work in construction? im apprentice carpenter at the moment, but i have been told by my doctor i had to give up cos of dust. so i am wondering any of ye out there are carpenter or builder or construction worker?
thanks

Printer

My Father was a contractor. I am / was a carpenter and I still do jobs for myself and friends. A good dust mask should work for you. A Dual Cartridge respirator would be even better

Bill

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
If by need or desire you continue, I second Bill. Our son has cf but my husband who does carpentry as well as everything else TOH and landscaping always where's a mask or respirator and he doesn't have cf.

B

BikerEd

I was a Carpenter for 12 years and loved it. I was advised the same thing and didn't listen. After several years my Doctor believed that the physical part was actually good for me. If working around a lot of fine particles such as concrete dust anybody should wear a mask a basic dust mask will due or even a N95 mask. I am an Engineer now and work in the field in transportation construction, I avoid dust when I can other wise I have an RZ mask with replaceable filters. Building roads and bridges is still physically demanding (loks of walking and ladder climbing) I play out in traffic, mud or concrete 90% of the time.

Best of Luck

Ed