Judaism and Christianity

blackchameleon

Mockingbird and Allie i hope you both reply to this post. what i would like to know from you both, and i accept you are both genuine in your faith and believe you think you know the truth is firstly, Allie , why do you not accept Jesus as being the prophesied (sp) mesiah. and secondly Mockingbird why you do accept Jesus as being the mesiah? forgive any spelling errors as i have partaken of the evil fermented grape this evening!! and lastly, are there any Islam followers out there??? thanks in advance BC

blackchameleon

Mockingbird and Allie i hope you both reply to this post. what i would like to know from you both, and i accept you are both genuine in your faith and believe you think you know the truth is firstly, Allie , why do you not accept Jesus as being the prophesied (sp) mesiah. and secondly Mockingbird why you do accept Jesus as being the mesiah? forgive any spelling errors as i have partaken of the evil fermented grape this evening!! and lastly, are there any Islam followers out there??? thanks in advance BC

blackchameleon

Allie

I don't accept Jesus as being the messiah because I don't feel he fulfilled the prophecies of the messiah. The temple was not rebuilt, The jews did not reclaim thier homeland, peace was not obtained. Some of the things they have claimed were 'prophecies' were not considered prophecies until Jesus came around, and they decided they were because they sounded like Jesus. Or in one case, it wasn't a prophecy, and the hebrew has been incorrectly translated.....it means "young woman" not "virgin".

Allie

I don't accept Jesus as being the messiah because I don't feel he fulfilled the prophecies of the messiah. The temple was not rebuilt, The jews did not reclaim thier homeland, peace was not obtained. Some of the things they have claimed were 'prophecies' were not considered prophecies until Jesus came around, and they decided they were because they sounded like Jesus. Or in one case, it wasn't a prophecy, and the hebrew has been incorrectly translated.....it means "young woman" not "virgin".

Allie

Mockingbird

And we have a different understanding of scripture. However, that is not the reason I believe.

If you want to understand why I have faith, you must first understand my faith, of which you have shown no understanding. If you did, you would understand what it means when it says, "It does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy."

Mockingbird

And we have a different understanding of scripture. However, that is not the reason I believe.

If you want to understand why I have faith, you must first understand my faith, of which you have shown no understanding. If you did, you would understand what it means when it says, "It does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy."

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

No I didn't, you simply failed to understand my answer.

"It does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy." Romans 9:16

In other words, I did not come to believe because of anything I did, or thought, or decided. It was God who opened my eyes, not myself. I am not talking about a devine revelation, but simple understanding and faith.

Therefore, I have faith because God gave me faith, but you do not understand this, so no answer I can give you will be sufficient for you.

Mockingbird

"It does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy." Romans 9:16

In other words, I did not come to believe because of anything I did, or thought, or decided. It was God who opened my eyes, not myself. I am not talking about a devine revelation, but simple understanding and faith.

Therefore, I have faith because God gave me faith, but you do not understand this, so no answer I can give you will be sufficient for you.

Mockingbird

blackchameleon

you have faith because God gave you faith? in what? Allie has faith because her God gave her faith too then, only your faiths differ immensly. who has the truth and who does not? see my point? you are decieved mockingbird and it is sad.

blackchameleon

you have faith because God gave you faith? in what? Allie has faith because her God gave her faith too then, only your faiths differ immensly. who has the truth and who does not? see my point? you are decieved mockingbird and it is sad.

blackchameleon

blackchameleon

oops, i should have said "i believe you are decieved", i may be wrong, i may be right, i just didnt want to sound like i am an authority on this.BC

blackchameleon

oops, i should have said "i believe you are decieved", i may be wrong, i may be right, i just didnt want to sound like i am an authority on this.BC