Just found out I have MRSA

Latus

Hi all,
Hope you're all keeping well. I've just literally found this app as I'm in hospital being treated for MRSA. This is the first time I've ever had it and really unsure of it. I know it's very taboo and my consultant said 30% of patients have been cleared in this hospital.
I'm currently going through the 8 day protocol program of washes and nasal ointment. Clean sheets everyday. I currently know its in my sputum and I've been swabbed to see if it's on my skin. I'm just wondering if there are any tips you guys could recommend or any help at all. Am reading a lot on the net. Its a lot to take in and hard to understand sometime. If I'm honest I'm quiet scared of this bug. I guess it's the not knowing. Any help to try and eradicate this would be great. Waging, day to day stuff I guess, I've no idea. Anyway, I'll post again in a few days. Keep well
Latus

Lena Bean

It's totally doable to eradicate MRSA! I did. I cultured it in February 2011, it was gone by January 2012. Granted it did it's share of damage but that's because my doctors at the time didn't even offer to put me on IV's or hospitalize me at the time - I've since switched doctors. It has been gone for almost a year now, keep positive and do everything the doctors say will help get rid of it! You can do it =]

ajlindsley

My daughter went through the eradication treatment for MRSA this summer. She did the nasal gel, special soap in the shower, extra careful cleaning of her bedding and towels and 2 very strong antibiotics. The antibiotics were oral and so she was able to do this treatment at home. Her MRSA culture came from a bronch done in June and when she had another one 7 weeks later there was no sign of the MRSA. She has had 2 other throat cultures since then and it still is not showing up. At clinic visits they still treat her like she has it by gowning up but I am pretty sure the eradication treatment worked for her. Are you on any antibiotics? If I remember correctly in my research of MRSA, I thought I saw that there is a 80% chance of getting rid if it with this eradication treatment on a first culture of MRSA.

jbrandyn

Honestly we all have it. I had it, many of the doctors and nurses I know have had it. All i can say id to just do what they tell you and not to worry about it too much, stressing will hamper your immune system. Best of luck.
B