Just have a few questions.

My name is Kayla, im 17 and just want to know how hard is was to get pregnant with CF? I am not trying too or anything like that but i want to know for future reference.. Please and thank you.

kevelyn

Hey Kayla! My name is Kimberly, i am currently 22 weeks pregnant with my first child, he was not a planned baby, but he wasn't really unexpected either. We did want a child, but we didn't want to plan it, we just let nature takes it course, and 11 months of having no protection, we conceived. So honestly it wasn't that hard for me, but that could be because i wasn't trying that hard to have a baby.

Thats awesome. im happy for you!! My doctors have always told me that it was going to be hard to have a baby. I keep tell them that Im not going to let that stop me. I hope all goes well for you Kimberly! :)

just1more

1) Clinically only a Dr that examines you can answer this question, and then it is still just a guess. Conceiving with CF can be more difficult, or it can be as easy as anyone else. There is no way to test or know. If you get to a point to attempt to get pregnant and it isn't working, then go see a Dr and go from there. It very likely is possible, but nobody on the Internet can tell you how possible.

2) At 17, whether you want to hear it or not, getting pregnant needs to be very low on your list. A pregnancy is physically hard on the body without CF; for someone with CF it can be too much. You need to have an honest discussion with your CF team, and your GYN BEFORE you consider getting pregnant to make sure that it is advisable and that you are prepared.

Having a child is a commitment and a blessing, but one that you need to fully consider so please don't assume you can't get pregnant easily.

I have no intention on getting pregnant anytime soon. I just had questions, it is very far down the list of things I want to do. Thank you for help though.