Keep the faith

Simba15

Just wanted to share I am turning 54 years old this week. Although I have a "milder" form (my GI symptoms say otherwise), I want to encourage those of you worried about your future. No one knows the future of any of us. "They" know nothing about my mutation combo and can't tell me a thing. I keep on living and thinking I will grow old. Keep the faith. (^)

W

welshwitch

Yay, Simba! Words of encouragement and positive stories are SO SO helpful to younger people like me. You go! Happy Birthday!!!!

W

windex125

great news Happy birthday... I turned 60 last December I still can't believe it....I'm still bitching abt. the broken wrist I suffered first week in Feb. sorry can I say that word??? last week of Jan in hospital the pancreas decided it was going to act up. But keeping the faith glad it wasn't the hip I still feel anger when I see my neighbor as he blocked the cleared sidewalk with one of his many vans and I had to walk around it to get in my door. When I saw him in March and told him he didn't even say he was sorry. Anger came over me and I wanted to slap his face not like me at all. I think I'm aging to a nasty short woman???? hope not

dbtoo2

i can remember when i was 15, thinking that 30 - double my age at that time - was REALLY old! I can remember at 30 getting my first tattoo. I got remarried at 33 and it's now going on a quarter century of wedded bliss. As a kid i recall thinking, how old would I be if I made it to the year 2020. Well, that's less than 5 years away, now. Turned 58 in Feb '15, still work 40+ hours a week (computer work from home). When I was dx'd at age 14, i was told i probably wouldn't make it to 21. At 21, they said probably 30. At 38 I asked the doc, when will I die? he put down his pen, looked me in the eye and said 'I have no idea, but whatever you're doing, keep on going!' I've outlived a number of wonderful CF docs!