L-Lysine Info

CowTown

From the other Lysine thread, in the other section, people mostly said they took it for cold sores. The topic only touched on whether it also helps increase NAC or Glutathione (GSH). So does it, is it good to take for anti-inflammatory purposes or no?

And what is MedImmune Plus do?

CowTown

From the other Lysine thread, in the other section, people mostly said they took it for cold sores. The topic only touched on whether it also helps increase NAC or Glutathione (GSH). So does it, is it good to take for anti-inflammatory purposes or no?

And what is MedImmune Plus do?

anonymous

Hey Amy,

I can say from my experience that Lysine does not do anything fr cold sores! I've been taking it regularly now for 1.5 months and have a brutal split lip that isn't going away. The dry weather always does this to me, but Lysine isn't helping one bit. I did hear that helps to reduce or control hemoptosis and possibly (I'm hoping) reduces inflammation. I'm still looking into that. I don't think it'll do anything like that in a major way though.

I've taken it for years every so often at night to relax my muscles so I can go to sleep more easily. That, it does do well.

Someone a while back mentioned MedImmune Plus, but I never really understood the full picture on it. If you find anything, please let me know. Thanks!!

Have a good day!

Giggles

I have had a great response with L-Lysine and cold sores. I take it regulary or at least try. But when I do get a cold sore I popp them 2-3 times a day and it cuts the time I have a cold sore in half or more and the actual sore does not get real bad. I love it for cold sores which I tend to get. Not sure if it helps for anything else although I have read it helps with your skin overall. So might help if you have acne maybe but not sure.

Jennifer 34 years old with Cf and Cfrd