lactose intolerance

anonymous

Are any of you lactose intolerant? If so, can you tolerate lactaid milk? How about yogurt? Waht are the symptoms?

anonymous

I am lactose intolerant (though it has been getting better). I have found Lactaid milk is just fine. Yogurt is no problem either because of how it is made (something having to do with the cultures). I have no problem with cottage cheese. Also - milk from goats is fine for people who are lactose intolerant - so you can try goat cheese. I did find that aged cheeses like Parmesan are terrible for me even in the teeniest of amounts. Also - I used to have to avoid cheese because it would cause stomach pains, but like I said - I'm getting better and cheese doesn't bother me that often.My symptoms were terrible abdominal pains to the point it was hard to stand up, I'd also get bad gas. I can't remember if I had constipation or anything like that...Piperpmcp@comcast.net

hellen

Are any of you lactose intolerant? If so, can you tolerate lactaid milk? How about yogurt? Waht are the symptoms?

My sister is lactose intolerant. The symptoms of the illness are diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting, stomach bloating and abdominal cramps. Commonly, she try to avoid milk and all products made from milk and some other foods such as cream soups, cereals, etc. It's so unpleasant. She has been always looking for an effective treatment.
And how about yogurt? well, it's not ok but greek yogurt is very good for those who get lactose intolerance. I find out it on a site: https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-lactose-intolerance/
Actually, yogurt helps to decrease the level of lactose in the body. My sister consumes at least 4 ounces of greek yogurt on a regular basis now. Alternatively, high- fat cottage cheese or hard cheese like Swiss and cheddar cheese are also beneficial. You can try this home remedy, too. As I see, her condition is much better now.