Law of attraction? Anyone?

spacemom

I know this isn't exactly religion but... has anyone who's seen The Secret tried to use the Law of Attraction to keep CF in check? On a quick search I didn't find anything related to that in this forum. Thanks!

spacemom

I know this isn't exactly religion but... has anyone who's seen The Secret tried to use the Law of Attraction to keep CF in check? On a quick search I didn't find anything related to that in this forum. Thanks!

spacemom

spacemom

spacemom

B

Brian1986

I've used positive thinking, self hypnosis and guided imagery... all of which work, and none of which cost me any money to learn.

B

Brian1986

I've used positive thinking, self hypnosis and guided imagery... all of which work, and none of which cost me any money to learn.

B

Brian1986

B

Brian1986

B

Brian1986

spacemom

Oh I finally got an answer... thanks, Brian! Glad to know those things help you. They help me too! I'd have had a nervous breakdown at the very least without this kind of thing. Especially positive thinking. Guided imagery too. Self hypnosis, never tried. Meditation gives me peace, and I start and end each day giving thanks to no matter whom for all the good things in my life, and the good things still in store for me.
My son (20) is the CF'er, not me. He's very skeptical of this kind of stuff, but little by little, seeing how it helps me, he's been changing his mind I think, and being more positive.
Good luck and all the best to you Brian!

spacemom

Oh I finally got an answer... thanks, Brian! Glad to know those things help you. They help me too! I'd have had a nervous breakdown at the very least without this kind of thing. Especially positive thinking. Guided imagery too. Self hypnosis, never tried. Meditation gives me peace, and I start and end each day giving thanks to no matter whom for all the good things in my life, and the good things still in store for me.
My son (20) is the CF'er, not me. He's very skeptical of this kind of stuff, but little by little, seeing how it helps me, he's been changing his mind I think, and being more positive.

spacemom

spacemom

spacemom

dancer78

Hi Spacemom....I am new to this site and new to the forum. I just saw your post this morn, and want to say YES!

I've watched the secret many many times....and I believe that the law of attraction works everytime with anything, even CF. It's worked with me.

Now granted, you have to work with what you have, and I'm talking about the mutation and severity of any disease, but I'm living proof that you can make yourself worse or better, depending on your focus.

My story starts in 1965 when I was diagnosed at 5, not because of any symptoms, but because my brother was born a year earlier. He had surgery when he was 3 days old. After a year of his "starving' and failure to thrive, finally one doctor (remember this was the 60's) had heard of cf, and eventually everyone in my family was tested, even my parents. I came up "positive." This started a sequence of very negative events ( and it could have been differnt) that went on for years until I had had enough. I walked out, and didn't darken the door of a CF center for 5 years, then another 2.

Fast forward.

At 47, and after years of no or very mild symptoms, I suddenly could not breathe deeply anymore. My life came not to a hault, but almost. I realize now that this was not happening overnight. Due to the really deep seated anger that I didn't know I had, I didn't want to go back to another doctor. I actually hadn't needed to in years past, but now I knew I did. I was getting worse, and actully thought it was chronic fatigue syndrome, plus just being over 40. You see, I was lucky in that CF was not part of my actual life. Affecting my family still, but I drew a line. When I finally went to a CF center, all the anger came out, at the wrong people I might add, and the painful past stepped out right in front me. I could not make it go away this time.

Granted, when I faced what had actually happened to not only to myself, but also my brother, (who is still severly ill) at the hands of CF doctors, and all the "experts," it was just incredible.

There was a doctor whom I was forced to see over and over again for years that had a fetish for young girls. And the list went on and on. My parents became a product of all the brain washing of the doctors and even the cf foundation back in the 60's 70's and even 80's. The attitude was certainly not one of abundance. It was one of lack. And sickness, and frankly humiliation. Don't live, just wait around to die. And it happened over and over for years and years.

Bottom line. That anger at those "adults" all "in charge" did not serve me. I had a right to be angry. But again, it did not serve me.

That one doctor who had a fetish for young girls is now in his 80's. Even if I flew to his house and confronted him, would he even remember? (Incidently that man eventually lost his position as a CF doctor and head of the team. Even though I never said anything to anyone, it probably happened to others....)

During this time, I prayed and cryed alot. I have always been a Christain, but started to realize I had never actually asked Him why I had CF, and why all this garbage happened for at least 35 years.

Then I saw The Secret. Which I believe He led me to.

I started to feel calm. I deliberately focused on healing my lungs, and my spirit.
I worked to picture in my mind CLEAR, PINK lungs. Every thing I put in my mouth, I would think "this will help me, this will make me strong again, and make me well."
And do you know, ideas started to come to me left and right.

A marvelous book happened in my path: "You Body's Many Cries for Water" with the subtitle: " Your not sick You're Thirsty." by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj.
Excellent book that will help you understand what no CF doctor will tell you:
You desparately need to drink water to counter this defect we have. Not juice (altho I'll touch on that in a minute) or soda, etc. WATER.
I drink 4 bottles a day. When I don't my lungs start to clog up again.

I started to forgive. With that I started to picture abundance.
And I started to do many other things, which I'll be happy to email anyone who wants to know. Buying a good juicer is one of them.

Bottom line. I did not go to the hospital like eveyone wanted. I am well now. But yes, there are medications I take. All forms of healing have their place. But there are other holistic things I do, and do not ever underestimate the power of your mind.
I made a complete turn around, and my doctor couldn't believe it. I was also amazed.

Nuts and Bolts:
www.thesecret.tv
You can watch it on your computer, but get the DVD....you'll need to watch it over and over.

Know when you watch it that You or Your Parents did not cause CF. It's not something anyone "did." It just happened. But work with what you have. Change your focus and you can change your health... you'll see!

Watch www.thesecret.tv/the-secret-to-you on your computer

Email me if you want to know what I do every day. Even tho I have a mild case, I do definitely have it. I can help you.
diane@dianejdavis.com

Sorry this is so long!!!!
Hope this helps someone!

dancer78

Hi Spacemom....I am new to this site and new to the forum. I just saw your post this morn, and want to say YES!

I've watched the secret many many times....and I believe that the law of attraction works everytime with anything, even CF. It's worked with me.

Now granted, you have to work with what you have, and I'm talking about the mutation and severity of any disease, but I'm living proof that you can make yourself worse or better, depending on your focus.

My story starts in 1965 when I was diagnosed at 5, not because of any symptoms, but because my brother was born a year earlier. He had surgery when he was 3 days old. After a year of his "starving' and failure to thrive, finally one doctor (remember this was the 60's) had heard of cf, and eventually everyone in my family was tested, even my parents. I came up "positive." This started a sequence of very negative events ( and it could have been differnt) that went on for years until I had had enough. I walked out, and didn't darken the door of a CF center for 5 years, then another 2.

Fast forward.

At 47, and after years of no or very mild symptoms, I suddenly could not breathe deeply anymore. My life came not to a hault, but almost. I realize now that this was not happening overnight. Due to the really deep seated anger that I didn't know I had, I didn't want to go back to another doctor. I actually hadn't needed to in years past, but now I knew I did. I was getting worse, and actully thought it was chronic fatigue syndrome, plus just being over 40. You see, I was lucky in that CF was not part of my actual life. Affecting my family still, but I drew a line. When I finally went to a CF center, all the anger came out, at the wrong people I might add, and the painful past stepped out right in front me. I could not make it go away this time.

Granted, when I faced what had actually happened to not only to myself, but also my brother, (who is still severly ill) at the hands of CF doctors, and all the "experts," it was just incredible.

There was a doctor whom I was forced to see over and over again for years that had a fetish for young girls. And the list went on and on. My parents became a product of all the brain washing of the doctors and even the cf foundation back in the 60's 70's and even 80's. The attitude was certainly not one of abundance. It was one of lack. And sickness, and frankly humiliation. Don't live, just wait around to die. And it happened over and over for years and years.

Bottom line. That anger at those "adults" all "in charge" did not serve me. I had a right to be angry. But again, it did not serve me.

That one doctor who had a fetish for young girls is now in his 80's. Even if I flew to his house and confronted him, would he even remember? (Incidently that man eventually lost his position as a CF doctor and head of the team. Even though I never said anything to anyone, it probably happened to others....)

During this time, I prayed and cryed alot. I have always been a Christain, but started to realize I had never actually asked Him why I had CF, and why all this garbage happened for at least 35 years.

I started to feel calm. I deliberately focused on healing my lungs, and my spirit.
I worked to picture in my mind CLEAR, PINK lungs. Every thing I put in my mouth, I would think "this will help me, this will make me strong again, and make me well."

A marvelous book happened in my path: "You Body's Many Cries for Water" with the subtitle: " Your not sick You're Thirsty." by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj.
You desparately need to drink water to counter this defect we have. Not juice (altho I'll touch on that in a minute) or soda, etc. WATER.

And I started to do many other things, which I'll be happy to email anyone who wants to know. Buying a good juicer is one of them.

Bottom line. I did not go to the hospital like eveyone wanted. I am well now. But yes, there are medications I take. All forms of healing have their place. But there are other holistic things I do, and do not ever underestimate the power of your mind.
I made a complete turn around, and my doctor couldn't believe it. I was also amazed.

Nuts and Bolts:
www.thesecret.tv
You can watch it on your computer, but get the DVD....you'll need to watch it over and over.

Know when you watch it that You or Your Parents did not cause CF. It's not something anyone "did." It just happened. But work with what you have. Change your focus and you can change your health... you'll see!

Email me if you want to know what I do every day. Even tho I have a mild case, I do definitely have it. I can help you.
diane@dianejdavis.com

Hope this helps someone!

dancer78

Fast forward.

Nuts and Bolts:
www.thesecret.tv

diane@dianejdavis.com

Hope this helps someone!

dancer78

Fast forward.

Nuts and Bolts:
www.thesecret.tv

diane@dianejdavis.com

Hope this helps someone!

dancer78

Fast forward.

Nuts and Bolts:
www.thesecret.tv

diane@dianejdavis.com

Hope this helps someone!