Leaky E flow

Jeana

Why does my eflow leak?  It will drip in between the two chambers, where it is divided by the blue piece (that I think is supposed to work like a gasket) and the metal head.  If it even drips a few drips, that is half my medication, or a good part of it.  I check to make sure everything is in tight and properly, but it still leaks and this is not the first one that has.  If it doesn't leak that way, sometimes a good part of the medication will gather in the chamber in front of the mouthpiece, so when it beeps that it's done, a bunch of medication was not made into something I could inhale and then just pours out when I go to clean it.  Does this happen to anyone else??

Jeana

Why does my eflow leak? It will drip in between the two chambers, where it is divided by the blue piece (that I think is supposed to work like a gasket) and the metal head. If it even drips a few drips, that is half my medication, or a good part of it. I check to make sure everything is in tight and properly, but it still leaks and this is not the first one that has. If it doesn't leak that way, sometimes a good part of the medication will gather in the chamber in front of the mouthpiece, so when it beeps that it's done, a bunch of medication was not made into something I could inhale and then just pours out when I go to clean it. Does this happen to anyone else??

Jeana

Why does my eflow leak? It will drip in between the two chambers, where it is divided by the blue piece (that I think is supposed to work like a gasket) and the metal head. If it even drips a few drips, that is half my medication, or a good part of it. I check to make sure everything is in tight and properly, but it still leaks and this is not the first one that has. If it doesn't leak that way, sometimes a good part of the medication will gather in the chamber in front of the mouthpiece, so when it beeps that it's done, a bunch of medication was not made into something I could inhale and then just pours out when I go to clean it. Does this happen to anyone else??<BR>

BaylorCrew07

I'm not sure why, but yes mine does that sometimes too. I usually stop using them once they leak -- CF Services sends a new neb with each batch of Cayston, so I just take the bad ones out of rotation. I'm not sure if there is any way to stop it, or if it's just natural wear/tear...sorry I'm not much help!

BaylorCrew07

I'm not sure why, but yes mine does that sometimes too. I usually stop using them once they leak -- CF Services sends a new neb with each batch of Cayston, so I just take the bad ones out of rotation. I'm not sure if there is any way to stop it, or if it's just natural wear/tear...sorry I'm not much help!

BaylorCrew07

LouLou

Are you by chance cleaning the whole handset with alcohol? I did that at first before the days of them recommending steam sterilization. Cleaning the handset with alcohol = leaky parts.

LouLou

Are you by chance cleaning the whole handset with alcohol? I did that at first before the days of them recommending steam sterilization. Cleaning the handset with alcohol = leaky parts.

LouLou

rubyroselee

It happens to me ALL the time!  It has something to do with the pieces not fitting correctly - and I believe usually it's the blue piece.  Just ask your pharmacy for a new one and it should fix the problem.

rubyroselee

It happens to me ALL the time! It has something to do with the pieces not fitting correctly - and I believe usually it's the blue piece. Just ask your pharmacy for a new one and it should fix the problem.

rubyroselee

It happens to me ALL the time! It has something to do with the pieces not fitting correctly - and I believe usually it's the blue piece. Just ask your pharmacy for a new one and it should fix the problem.

Giggles

That has happen to me and I am not sure why. With cayston they do send new nebs and metal heads so I just use the new ones. I am not sure why it leaks. But I have had that happen to me too. Try getting some new pieces and see if that works if you can.<br>

Giggles

That has happen to me and I am not sure why. With cayston they do send new nebs and metal heads so I just use the new ones. I am not sure why it leaks. But I have had that happen to me too. Try getting some new pieces and see if that works if you can.<br>

Giggles

W

windex125

I don't have the problem with leaking, but it not nebulizing properly, I am guessing it's the head the white circle? Also shd it sit tight at the top of the gray part? or shd it be down 1/4 of a inch? I did soak all 3 white heads in alcohol yest. then sterlized ? Which consfused the parts and fustrated the hell out of me. Today I hope to find the bad one I also noticed on one of them the the white socket pc. the metal part in the middle has turned a copper color? maybe that is a problem as well. But I am glad I read your posts I didn't think we cld just call for another replacement, how silly of me. Sometimes those senior moments are too often for sure. Pat 56/CF

W

windex125

I don't have the problem with leaking, but it not nebulizing properly, I am guessing it's the head the white circle? Also shd it sit tight at the top of the gray part? or shd it be down 1/4 of a inch? I did soak all 3 white heads in alcohol yest. then sterlized ? Which consfused the parts and fustrated the hell out of me. Today I hope to find the bad one I also noticed on one of them the the white socket pc. the metal part in the middle has turned a copper color? maybe that is a problem as well. But I am glad I read your posts I didn't think we cld just call for another replacement, how silly of me. Sometimes those senior moments are too often for sure. Pat 56/CF

W

windex125

T

tarheel

Mine does that all the time. No matter how I clean it, no matter if I do or don't use alcohol, or that control III solution or just wash with dish soap and sterilize. <br><br>And I know what you mean about the copper color Pat. I've noticed that with the past three they've sent me.<div><br></div><div>I think Pari just makes cheap nebs anymore. Kind of like Windows (as in Bill Gates Windows), they got the market and then decided they didn't really have to put out such a great product anymore. </div><div><br></div>

T

tarheel

Mine does that all the time. No matter how I clean it, no matter if I do or don't usealcohol, or that control III solution or just wash with dish soap and sterilize.<br><br>And I know what you mean about the copper color Pat. I've noticed that with the past three they've sent me.<br>I think Pari just makes cheap nebs anymore. Kind of like Windows (as in Bill Gates Windows), they got the market and then decided they didn't really have to put out such a great product anymore.<br>