"Life after Birth"

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

I love you kaylees grandma, and i love mockingbird too!, there are soo many different types of love eh!! what i mean when i say i love you is i feel a bond with you guys even though we feel differently on faith. it doesnt matter to me that you think i am deceived--- maybe i am, maybe you are, what matters is the inate "thing" that connects us.whether that be cf or religious differences doesnt matter!! i believe i am on a journey toward true peace and even understanding of what existance is all about. i want to know why i should accept the bible , the koran , bhuddas teachings or the talmud as being truth. i can only see the wonderful fruit that love brings with being tolerant as being the way for me. what is love you may ask?, love IS patient Love is kind, Love does not boast, Love does not envy etc as your bible says!!, however because i believe some truth is exhibited in the bible does not mean that i believe it is ENTIRELY true. just as some truth i believe is exhibited in the koran. i want to think for myself and not be taught someone elses belief system. do you really believe that anyone who does not accept Christ as their saviour before they die is sentenced to ETERNAL suffering? do you not think that someone suffering from CF and feeling cheated by God is sent to eternal damnation because they reject him through hurt and anger?, or do you think God will understand their own personal torment and wrap his loving eternal arms around them as a parent would a grieving child and comfort, reassure and forgive them?.honestly i cant see a loving God then sending that emmotionally hurting individual to an eternal punishment, however your bible does teach that!!!!! absurd i say. lets still joust anyway, i feel it is keeping me on a learning path. bzzt Blacky

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

I love you kaylees grandma, and i love mockingbird too!, there are soo many different types of love eh!! what i mean when i say i love you is i feel a bond with you guys even though we feel differently on faith. it doesnt matter to me that you think i am deceived--- maybe i am, maybe you are, what matters is the inate "thing" that connects us.whether that be cf or religious differences doesnt matter!! i believe i am on a journey toward true peace and even understanding of what existance is all about. i want to know why i should accept the bible , the koran , bhuddas teachings or the talmud as being truth. i can only see the wonderful fruit that love brings with being tolerant as being the way for me. what is love you may ask?, love IS patient Love is kind, Love does not boast, Love does not envy etc as your bible says!!, however because i believe some truth is exhibited in the bible does not mean that i believe it is ENTIRELY true. just as some truth i believe is exhibited in the koran. i want to think for myself and not be taught someone elses belief system. do you really believe that anyone who does not accept Christ as their saviour before they die is sentenced to ETERNAL suffering? do you not think that someone suffering from CF and feeling cheated by God is sent to eternal damnation because they reject him through hurt and anger?, or do you think God will understand their own personal torment and wrap his loving eternal arms around them as a parent would a grieving child and comfort, reassure and forgive them?.honestly i cant see a loving God then sending that emmotionally hurting individual to an eternal punishment, however your bible does teach that!!!!! absurd i say. lets still joust anyway, i feel it is keeping me on a learning path. bzzt Blacky

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

Lets say on one hand I have a friend who is going to hell, but because of love I say nothing to him in the interest of tolerance. On the other hand, however, because of love I proclaim truth to my friend, and he turns to God and is cleansed from unrightousness and the gift of heaven is given to him.

In which case can it be said that my love is perfected? I do not mind being called a bigot or a fool because of the word of Christ, for whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. Therefore I am intolerant of anything which leads people away from God.

As for hell, we do not know hell because we do not know God, we go to hell because we have condemned ourselves to sin. All of us, including me. But because God loves us, he sent His son to die for our sins, and so our sins are forgiven. Do not be decieved, however, this is only part of the reason we are given the kingdom of heaven. We must also be cleansed from unrighteousness, and have a desire for the will of God. On our own, we cannot do this, but through the power of Christ, we can do this. This is why Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through Me."

You say God would rather wrap His arms around us as a parent, of course He would! That is why He is waiting with open arms for you to turn back to Him. However, you say you want to think for yourself. This is the choice of free will. You can create your own destiny, which leads away from God, or you can follow the path which God has predestined for you, which is the only path which leads to God, and you can only follow this path through the power of Christ. God does not sentence you to eternal damnation, it is you yourself who does that.

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

Lets say on one hand I have a friend who is going to hell, but because of love I say nothing to him in the interest of tolerance. On the other hand, however, because of love I proclaim truth to my friend, and he turns to God and is cleansed from unrightousness and the gift of heaven is given to him.

In which case can it be said that my love is perfected? I do not mind being called a bigot or a fool because of the word of Christ, for whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. Therefore I am intolerant of anything which leads people away from God.

As for hell, we do not know hell because we do not know God, we go to hell because we have condemned ourselves to sin. All of us, including me. But because God loves us, he sent His son to die for our sins, and so our sins are forgiven. Do not be decieved, however, this is only part of the reason we are given the kingdom of heaven. We must also be cleansed from unrighteousness, and have a desire for the will of God. On our own, we cannot do this, but through the power of Christ, we can do this. This is why Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through Me."

You say God would rather wrap His arms around us as a parent, of course He would! That is why He is waiting with open arms for you to turn back to Him. However, you say you want to think for yourself. This is the choice of free will. You can create your own destiny, which leads away from God, or you can follow the path which God has predestined for you, which is the only path which leads to God, and you can only follow this path through the power of Christ. God does not sentence you to eternal damnation, it is you yourself who does that.

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

You're always a pleasure to read Mockingbird.  I have a very
hard time believing a good and moral person would be turned away by
God simply for not having faith.  Also how would you resolve
faith with people who have never been introduced to Christianity?

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

Our definition of a good and moral person is not the same as God's definition of a good and moral person.

As for those who have never heard of Christ, God not only has those who believe in Him, but also His angels which do His bidding. Just as God sent Jonah to Ninevah, just as He sent Abraham to the promised land, just as He sent Paul on many travels far and wide, so will God send someone whenever a remote village is ready to accept Him. It is only when the village is ready to accept, however, for God will not send one of His children to accomplish nothing; but if there is even one person who may be saved, then God will send someone to save them at that very instant.

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

Our definition of a good and moral person is not the same as God's definition of a good and moral person.

As for those who have never heard of Christ, God not only has those who believe in Him, but also His angels which do His bidding. Just as God sent Jonah to Ninevah, just as He sent Abraham to the promised land, just as He sent Paul on many travels far and wide, so will God send someone whenever a remote village is ready to accept Him. It is only when the village is ready to accept, however, for God will not send one of His children to accomplish nothing; but if there is even one person who may be saved, then God will send someone to save them at that very instant.

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

kayleesgrandma

"Life after Birth

b.c. have you read "Siddhartha"? It was a big deal in the 70's when all us hippee's were looking for "inner peace". It's about a young man on a journey to find spiritual meaning of life. You might find it interesting. Its Indian--we were into that then--went with our hooka's! As for your path toward finding the 'truth' of life--as its been said, "truth is in the eye of the beholder". The parable of the prodigal son is one of my favorite stories in the bible. God is patient and understanding, and forgiving. He does require acknowledgement though. If you reject Him, He will provide a way back--just as He provided a way to eternal life--believing that Jesus is His Son. God is patiently watching you b.c., as you move from training wheels to the big bike. but He's letting you choose which bike trail to go down. All of these "Life-Truth's" that you are absorbing are important in bringing you closer to God, I do believe you will find Him someday, that's what happened to me. I went through a journey similar to yours. It's a real trip finding our way through this labyrinth we call life.

kayleesgrandma

"Life after Birth

b.c. have you read "Siddhartha"? It was a big deal in the 70's when all us hippee's were looking for "inner peace". It's about a young man on a journey to find spiritual meaning of life. You might find it interesting. Its Indian--we were into that then--went with our hooka's! As for your path toward finding the 'truth' of life--as its been said, "truth is in the eye of the beholder". The parable of the prodigal son is one of my favorite stories in the bible. God is patient and understanding, and forgiving. He does require acknowledgement though. If you reject Him, He will provide a way back--just as He provided a way to eternal life--believing that Jesus is His Son. God is patiently watching you b.c., as you move from training wheels to the big bike. but He's letting you choose which bike trail to go down. All of these "Life-Truth's" that you are absorbing are important in bringing you closer to God, I do believe you will find Him someday, that's what happened to me. I went through a journey similar to yours. It's a real trip finding our way through this labyrinth we call life.

kayleesgrandma

"Life after Birth

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

i find it very bizzare why born again christians, jehovahs whitnesses, followers of islam, the jewish, mormons, etc etc believe with totally no doubt that they "know" Gods mind, yet all differ greatly. absolute deception is the only answer i can see. i think if you are convinced you know the total truth re life and death and remain close minded to other views then you are totally decieved, however, you will argue till the cows come home you are right. its called pride me thinks!!!

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

i find it very bizzare why born again christians, jehovahs whitnesses, followers of islam, the jewish, mormons, etc etc believe with totally no doubt that they "know" Gods mind, yet all differ greatly. absolute deception is the only answer i can see. i think if you are convinced you know the total truth re life and death and remain close minded to other views then you are totally decieved, however, you will argue till the cows come home you are right. its called pride me thinks!!!

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth