"Life after Birth"

lightNlife

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Chaggie</b></i>

You're always a pleasure to read Mockingbird. I have a very
hard time believing a good and moral person would be turned away by
God simply for not having faith. Also how would you resolve
faith with people who have never been introduced to Christianity?</end quote></div>

Since the creation of the world, man is without excuse to know that there is a God. It's not about giving opportunity to expose the peoples of the world to Christianity, though I personally believe that Christians have a responsibility to 'go forth to all nations' to spead the truth of salvation that is found in Christ.

God does not turn people away for not having faith. He turns them away for not being perfect.

Sorry for such a short answer at this juncture, but I don't have the energy to launch a lengthy discourse here. If you're interested in reading some things I have written, please visit my <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://educatedguesser.blogspot.com">Pools of Grace blog</a> and browse through the archives. I'm fairly certain that none of us here is going to be able to change anyone else's mind. I ventured into this particular topic for learning purposes only, not for an all out theological debate, and I'm glad it hasn't come to that. Thanks.

-lightNlife

lightNlife

"Life after Birth

faith with people who have never been introduced to Christianity?</end quote></div>

Since the creation of the world, man is without excuse to know that there is a God. It's not about giving opportunity to expose the peoples of the world to Christianity, though I personally believe that Christians have a responsibility to 'go forth to all nations' to spead the truth of salvation that is found in Christ.

God does not turn people away for not having faith. He turns them away for not being perfect.

Sorry for such a short answer at this juncture, but I don't have the energy to launch a lengthy discourse here. If you're interested in reading some things I have written, please visit my <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://educatedguesser.blogspot.com">Pools of Grace blog</a> and browse through the archives. I'm fairly certain that none of us here is going to be able to change anyone else's mind. I ventured into this particular topic for learning purposes only, not for an all out theological debate, and I'm glad it hasn't come to that. Thanks.

-lightNlife

lightNlife

"Life after Birth

-lightNlife

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

i agree with you lightNlife (maybe Lauren?), creation is plainly visible to me and i put that down to a divine power i cant explain, just as i cant explain why the sky doesnt have an end. however what is very much up for debate is what God desires from us. you believe the bible you were raised with, i have a friend who believes the koran he was raised with. Allie has her Talmud(?, old testament) she was raised with. another friend has the Jehovas whitness translation of the bible which he was raised with, etc etc. all differ on the facts, so what are you gonna do? most people follow the beliefs, not all but most, that they were taught as a child. geography decides most peoples belief system. have you ever stopped and wondered about if you were born into a loving home in Pakistan, raised reading the koran, lived your life as a loving wife and mother with a soft and caring heart, that on your death you would be banished to hell eternally for not knowing of Jesus? think about this with a soft heart and you will start to see the deception born again christians live under. its the heart that counts, not what you say or what church or group you belong to in my opinion. bzzt BC

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

i agree with you lightNlife (maybe Lauren?), creation is plainly visible to me and i put that down to a divine power i cant explain, just as i cant explain why the sky doesnt have an end. however what is very much up for debate is what God desires from us. you believe the bible you were raised with, i have a friend who believes the koran he was raised with. Allie has her Talmud(?, old testament) she was raised with. another friend has the Jehovas whitness translation of the bible which he was raised with, etc etc. all differ on the facts, so what are you gonna do? most people follow the beliefs, not all but most, that they were taught as a child. geography decides most peoples belief system. have you ever stopped and wondered about if you were born into a loving home in Pakistan, raised reading the koran, lived your life as a loving wife and mother with a soft and caring heart, that on your death you would be banished to hell eternally for not knowing of Jesus? think about this with a soft heart and you will start to see the deception born again christians live under. its the heart that counts, not what you say or what church or group you belong to in my opinion. bzzt BC

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> have you ever stopped and wondered about if you were born into a loving home in Pakistan, raised reading the koran, lived your life as a loving wife and mother with a soft and caring heart, that on your death you would be banished to hell eternally for not knowing of Jesus?</end quote></div>

That has already been answered.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lightNlife</b></i>
God does not turn people away for not having faith. He turns them away for not being perfect. </end quote></div>

How can you say the Bible is a deception when you do not understand it?

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> have you ever stopped and wondered about if you were born into a loving home in Pakistan, raised reading the koran, lived your life as a loving wife and mother with a soft and caring heart, that on your death you would be banished to hell eternally for not knowing of Jesus?</end quote></div>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lightNlife</b></i>
God does not turn people away for not having faith. He turns them away for not being perfect. </end quote></div>

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i> </end quote></div> How can you say the Bible is a deception when you do
not understand it?</end quote></div><br>
<br>
The same way you can dismiss other religions when you do not
understand them.

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i> </end quote></div> How can you say the Bible is a deception when you do
<br>
understand them.

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

<br>
understand them.

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

i lived as a born again christian without questioning my teaching just as mockingbird and chaggie do. eventually over 15 years the scales were removed from my eyes through researching the bible and its origins as i had huge doubts. it is put together by a group of like minded men and funded by Constantine who was a nutter. i would love to challenge your understanding of the bibles origins. my bet is you dont even know how or whom bought it into existance! "he who is opposed to inquiery is not a friend of truth". christianity is the only religion i feel i have reseached enough to dismiss as fraudulent, thats not the same as dismissing God. however any religion that claims to know the origins of existance and teaches what happens after death i believe are false and misleading- normally to gain money and control. no one knows the origins of man or his destiny, yet that truth doesnt stop people from becomming dogmatic in their beliefs, possibly through insecurity. anyway, all this is very thought provoking and i am only decieving myself if i dismiss your comments as unworthy of consideration. cheers BC

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

i lived as a born again christian without questioning my teaching just as mockingbird and chaggie do. eventually over 15 years the scales were removed from my eyes through researching the bible and its origins as i had huge doubts. it is put together by a group of like minded men and funded by Constantine who was a nutter. i would love to challenge your understanding of the bibles origins. my bet is you dont even know how or whom bought it into existance! "he who is opposed to inquiery is not a friend of truth". christianity is the only religion i feel i have reseached enough to dismiss as fraudulent, thats not the same as dismissing God. however any religion that claims to know the origins of existance and teaches what happens after death i believe are false and misleading- normally to gain money and control. no one knows the origins of man or his destiny, yet that truth doesnt stop people from becomming dogmatic in their beliefs, possibly through insecurity. anyway, all this is very thought provoking and i am only decieving myself if i dismiss your comments as unworthy of consideration. cheers BC

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

anonymous

"Life after Birth

Who's place would you rather be in when you die--The person that believes in God and finds out that they were wrong or the non-believer that lived their whole life denying God only to find out that God really does exist?

anonymous

"Life after Birth

Who's place would you rather be in when you die--The person that believes in God and finds out that they were wrong or the non-believer that lived their whole life denying God only to find out that God really does exist?

anonymous

"Life after Birth

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

I believe you have me confused, I question everything.
 Especially a book that was compiled by a bunch of similar
religions taking certain aspects of some and excluding others.
 Especially leaving out writings from some of the the closest
desciples of the person the religion is supposed to revolve around.

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

I believe you have me confused, I question everything.
 Especially a book that was compiled by a bunch of similar
religions taking certain aspects of some and excluding others.
 Especially leaving out writings from some of the the closest
desciples of the person the religion is supposed to revolve around.