"Life after Birth"

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

I believe you have me confused, I question everything.
 Especially a book that was compiled by a bunch of similar
religions taking certain aspects of some and excluding others.
 Especially leaving out writings from some of the the closest
desciples of the person the religion is supposed to revolve around.

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>anonymous</b></i> Who's place would
you rather be in when you die--The person that believes in God and
finds out that they were wrong or the non-believer that lived their
whole life denying God only to find out that God really does
exist?</end quote></div><br>
<br>
I won't base my life on something I do not believe in for the sake
of fear.

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>anonymous</b></i> Who's place would
<br>
of fear.

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

<br>
of fear.

Allie

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Who's place would you rather be in when you die--The person that believes in God and finds out that they were wrong or the non-believer that lived their whole life denying God only to find out that God really does exist?</end quote></div>

Fear is an incorrect reason to know and love God. It's like not murdering so you won't get punished, instead of knowing it's wrong, it's a false morality.

Allie

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Who's place would you rather be in when you die--The person that believes in God and finds out that they were wrong or the non-believer that lived their whole life denying God only to find out that God really does exist?</end quote></div>

Fear is an incorrect reason to know and love God. It's like not murdering so you won't get punished, instead of knowing it's wrong, it's a false morality.

Allie

"Life after Birth

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

OOPS, Chaggie i did indeed mix you up with lightNlife! sorry!!i actually think along your lines too re why someone like Thomas's writtings, whom Jesus chose as one of his disciples, were omitted from the bible and not considered credible enough! however Paul was not even around with Jesus and is responsible for about half of tghe new testament!!- outrageous to think at the council of Nicea that this group of men would reject a man Jesus specifically chose eh!! i smell a dirty great big rotten rant me thinks!! anyway i have learnt i have more chance of parting the red sea than getting a bigot to view things with an open mind LOL. but at least im learning!! BC

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

OOPS, Chaggie i did indeed mix you up with lightNlife! sorry!!i actually think along your lines too re why someone like Thomas's writtings, whom Jesus chose as one of his disciples, were omitted from the bible and not considered credible enough! however Paul was not even around with Jesus and is responsible for about half of tghe new testament!!- outrageous to think at the council of Nicea that this group of men would reject a man Jesus specifically chose eh!! i smell a dirty great big rotten rant me thinks!! anyway i have learnt i have more chance of parting the red sea than getting a bigot to view things with an open mind LOL. but at least im learning!! BC

blackchameleon

"Life after Birth

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

It's kinda funny how you both claim to be so smart on the history of the Bible, yet don't know the reason the Gospel of Thomas was rejected. (It was rejected because there were several passages contradictary to scripture and there was stong evidence that it was not written by Thomas, but by followers of Gnosticism.)

Tell me, where did you learn your history? Have you ever heard of Eusebius, Lacantius, or Nazarius? They give quite a different account of Constantine, the origins of the Bible, etc. Of course they were christian historians, and therefore biased, but was Julian, Zosimus, Eutropius, or Libanius any different? They all showed an equally strong bias against Christianity.

You can challenge me on the history of the Bible if you want, but it will be kinda pointless, since it will simply come down to the word of one ancient scholar over another.

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

It's kinda funny how you both claim to be so smart on the history of the Bible, yet don't know the reason the Gospel of Thomas was rejected. (It was rejected because there were several passages contradictary to scripture and there was stong evidence that it was not written by Thomas, but by followers of Gnosticism.)

Tell me, where did you learn your history? Have you ever heard of Eusebius, Lacantius, or Nazarius? They give quite a different account of Constantine, the origins of the Bible, etc. Of course they were christian historians, and therefore biased, but was Julian, Zosimus, Eutropius, or Libanius any different? They all showed an equally strong bias against Christianity.

You can challenge me on the history of the Bible if you want, but it will be kinda pointless, since it will simply come down to the word of one ancient scholar over another.

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mockingbird</b></i>

You can challenge me on the history of the Bible if you want, but it will be kinda pointless, since it will simply come down to the word of one ancient scholar over another.</end quote></div>

Which is exactly why I could never believe in religion. It comes down what people wrote thousand of years ago for thier own reasons.

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mockingbird</b></i>

You can challenge me on the history of the Bible if you want, but it will be kinda pointless, since it will simply come down to the word of one ancient scholar over another.</end quote></div>

Which is exactly why I could never believe in religion. It comes down what people wrote thousand of years ago for thier own reasons.

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Chaggie</b></i>
Which is exactly why I could never believe in religion. It comes down what people wrote thousand of years ago for thier own reasons.</end quote></div>

I owe you an apology as well, Chris. Especially on the creation thread I responded harshly to you.

Yes, it does seem like foolishness to depend on the Bible as I do. In the same way, however, I would say it is foolish to try to discern the truth for ourselves, for how can we, being mere mortals, define God? That is why I say rely on God. Yes, I do rely on the Bible, but that is because I first relied on God, who told me to rely on the Bible.

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

Which is exactly why I could never believe in religion. It comes down what people wrote thousand of years ago for thier own reasons.</end quote></div>

I owe you an apology as well, Chris. Especially on the creation thread I responded harshly to you.

Yes, it does seem like foolishness to depend on the Bible as I do. In the same way, however, I would say it is foolish to try to discern the truth for ourselves, for how can we, being mere mortals, define God? That is why I say rely on God. Yes, I do rely on the Bible, but that is because I first relied on God, who told me to rely on the Bible.

Mockingbird

"Life after Birth

Chaggie

"Life after Birth

No need for an appology Mockingbird. We are having a good debate here, you are obviously passionate about it. While I might be on the opposite of it I do respect your faith.