lingering side effects after completing IVs?

rubyroselee

Hi all,

I completed my my first course of IVs on Weds (couple days ago). I had terrible side effects from them, such as dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, fatigue, and loss of appetite. Got some Reglan to counter that and it worked great. However, I've been off the meds for a couple days now and I'm still experiencing the side effects. Does anyone know how long the side effects might last? Or how long until you felt back to normal after IVs?

thanks!

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Not knowing what antibiotic you were on, just keep an eye and make sure you don't have C.dif...Otherwise Hydrate like crazy, can you drink electrolyte replacement like gatorade or salty chicken broth... Are you taking probiotics?

rubyroselee

Yeah I feel quite dehydrated. I have not taken probiotics, but I think I should've done that beforehand :( I was on meropenem and amikacin. Thanks

W

welshwitch

Leah, it took me a little while to feel like "me" again after my Iv course. They really had to clear out of my system. Even though they did a lot of good things for me, in a lot of ways the meds had really toxic side effects like the ones you are describing. I'd just give it a bit of time :) Glad you are done!

W

windex125

Great to hear your feeling good, it wld usually take over a week for me to get my groove back HAHA wanting to sound young glad abt the good news Pat/60