Living Natuarlly w/ CF?

jbrandonAW

Hi everyone.

I just recently had a daughter. When it came time for her 2 month check up I started researching vaccinations. In my quest for knowledge on them, I found a whole lote of information on living naturally in general. We have since began to eat organically, my daughter doesn't get vax, we have went green on many things, and we are trying to get "toxic" things out of our lives.

Well In this quest I've started looking into my own health and the things I do. I've never been much of a person that "does it just cuz the doc said". I've always tried to do as few meds as possible and that kind of thing. Now I try and keep drugs to a minimal b/c I'm breastfeeding.

Anyways I was wondering how many people, have found "alternative" medicine? Whether it be eating right and exercise or something else.

Just curious and I am open to ANYthing.

jbrandonAW

Hi everyone.

I just recently had a daughter. When it came time for her 2 month check up I started researching vaccinations. In my quest for knowledge on them, I found a whole lote of information on living naturally in general. We have since began to eat organically, my daughter doesn't get vax, we have went green on many things, and we are trying to get "toxic" things out of our lives.

Well In this quest I've started looking into my own health and the things I do. I've never been much of a person that "does it just cuz the doc said". I've always tried to do as few meds as possible and that kind of thing. Now I try and keep drugs to a minimal b/c I'm breastfeeding.

Anyways I was wondering how many people, have found "alternative" medicine? Whether it be eating right and exercise or something else.

jbrandonAW

Hi everyone.

jbrandonAW

Hi everyone.

jbrandonAW

Hi everyone.
<br />
<br />I just recently had a daughter. When it came time for her 2 month check up I started researching vaccinations. In my quest for knowledge on them, I found a whole lote of information on living naturally in general. We have since began to eat organically, my daughter doesn't get vax, we have went green on many things, and we are trying to get "toxic" things out of our lives.
<br />
<br />Well In this quest I've started looking into my own health and the things I do. I've never been much of a person that "does it just cuz the doc said". I've always tried to do as few meds as possible and that kind of thing. Now I try and keep drugs to a minimal b/c I'm breastfeeding.
<br />
<br />Anyways I was wondering how many people, have found "alternative" medicine? Whether it be eating right and exercise or something else.
<br />
<br />Just curious and I am open to ANYthing.

NYCLawGirl

Hey there. I think Faust is probably the best source of information on this topic, although there are quite a few people on the site who consistantly advocate more natural or "alternative" rememdies. My personal thought is that the #1 thing we can do as CFers, if nothing else, is exercise. Also I'm a huge fan of HT saline, which though Rx, is still "natural" in the sense that it is essentially salt water.

Everyone's different. I'm extremely open to natural supplements, but if I used them INSTEAD of my normal Rx meds I would probably feel pretty crappy. I'm more of an "in addition to" kind of girl. Congrats and good luck with your daughter!

NYCLawGirl

Hey there. I think Faust is probably the best source of information on this topic, although there are quite a few people on the site who consistantly advocate more natural or "alternative" rememdies. My personal thought is that the #1 thing we can do as CFers, if nothing else, is exercise. Also I'm a huge fan of HT saline, which though Rx, is still "natural" in the sense that it is essentially salt water.

Everyone's different. I'm extremely open to natural supplements, but if I used them INSTEAD of my normal Rx meds I would probably feel pretty crappy. I'm more of an "in addition to" kind of girl. Congrats and good luck with your daughter!

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />Everyone's different. I'm extremely open to natural supplements, but if I used them INSTEAD of my normal Rx meds I would probably feel pretty crappy. I'm more of an "in addition to" kind of girl. Congrats and good luck with your daughter!

wanderlost

Like you wrote, we also live ~pretty~ naturally, especially for the kids: still nursing at 21 months, non vaxing, cloth diapers...all that "green" stuff, and with an AP parenting style - but as far as Cf goes, I agree with Piper, I am an "in addiction" to person. I love using the HTS because that is natural, I practiced yoga and exercised for years (though I admit it has fallen off since the baby was bron), we eat organic and as healthy as we can - I am also interested in acupuncture and massage and all sorts of other "alernative" and natural therapies, I don't get flu shots or use any meds without a lot of research and weighing of the pros and cons, but as yet, I can only see using all of this as an aid against getting ill but not an answer to it, and so I use these things in conjunction with my "mainstream" Cf care.

wanderlost

Like you wrote, we also live ~pretty~ naturally, especially for the kids: still nursing at 21 months, non vaxing, cloth diapers...all that "green" stuff, and with an AP parenting style - but as far as Cf goes, I agree with Piper, I am an "in addiction" to person. I love using the HTS because that is natural, I practiced yoga and exercised for years (though I admit it has fallen off since the baby was bron), we eat organic and as healthy as we can - I am also interested in acupuncture and massage and all sorts of other "alernative" and natural therapies, I don't get flu shots or use any meds without a lot of research and weighing of the pros and cons, but as yet, I can only see using all of this as an aid against getting ill but not an answer to it, and so I use these things in conjunction with my "mainstream" Cf care.

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

bagged2drag

Living naturally and not on processed foods etc. is great, but I would suggest being as proactive about your daughters cf health as possible. If later in life, she chooses to live naturally, then so be it. In the meantime though, I would do whatever I could to keep my child as healthy as possible.

bagged2drag

Living naturally and not on processed foods etc. is great, but I would suggest being as proactive about your daughters cf health as possible. If later in life, she chooses to live naturally, then so be it. In the meantime though, I would do whatever I could to keep my child as healthy as possible.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag