long flight with pulmozyme

fugikitten2087

As long as it is kept in a dark area and mildly cold it should last a couple of hours.. I travel with it a lot. And so far it hasn't gone bad..

fugikitten2087

As long as it is kept in a dark area and mildly cold it should last a couple of hours.. I travel with it a lot. And so far it hasn't gone bad..

fugikitten2087

fugikitten2087

fugikitten2087

just1more

Per the mfg, you can put it in a cooler, and even once her ice melts she will be fine. You can have it at room temp (which won't occur until well after the ice melts) for 24hrs:

From Genentech:
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
Pulmozyme must be stored in the refrigerator at 2-8°C (36-46°F) and protected from strong light. It should be kept refrigerated during transport and should not be <i>exposed to room temperatures for a total time of 24 hours.</i> The solution should be discarded if it is cloudy or discolored. Pulmozyme contains no preservative and, once opened, the entire contents of the ampule must be used or discarded. Patients should be instructed in the proper use and maintenance of the nebulizer and compressor system used in its delivery.</end quote></div>

just1more

Per the mfg, you can put it in a cooler, and even once her ice melts she will be fine. You can have it at room temp (which won't occur until well after the ice melts) for 24hrs:

From Genentech:
Pulmozyme must be stored in the refrigerator at 2-8°C (36-46°F) and protected from strong light. It should be kept refrigerated during transport and should not be <i>exposed to room temperatures for a total time of 24 hours.</i> The solution should be discarded if it is cloudy or discolored. Pulmozyme contains no preservative and, once opened, the entire contents of the ampule must be used or discarded. Patients should be instructed in the proper use and maintenance of the nebulizer and compressor system used in its delivery.</end quote></div>

just1more

From Genentech:

just1more

From Genentech:
Pulmozyme must be stored in the refrigerator at 2-8°C (36-46°F) and protected from strong light. It should be kept refrigerated during transport and should not be <i>exposed to room temperatures for a total time of 24 hours.</i> The solution should be discarded if it is cloudy or discolored. Pulmozyme contains no preservative and, once opened, the entire contents of the ampule must be used or discarded. Patients should be instructed in the proper use and maintenance of the nebulizer and compressor system used in its delivery.</end quote>

just1more

<br />
<br />From Genentech:
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
<br />Pulmozyme must be stored in the refrigerator at 2-8°C (36-46°F) and protected from strong light. It should be kept refrigerated during transport and should not be <i>exposed to room temperatures for a total time of 24 hours.</i> The solution should be discarded if it is cloudy or discolored. Pulmozyme contains no preservative and, once opened, the entire contents of the ampule must be used or discarded. Patients should be instructed in the proper use and maintenance of the nebulizer and compressor system used in its delivery.</end quote>

blueschick

Thankyou so much everyone. She left this morning and we used the pulmo cooler bag with 3 ice blocks. Hopefully she asked the flight staff to keep it refrig. If not, by the time she arrives in NY it will be okay and she must remember to freeze the blocks continually over the 58 days she is there. She is going on a contiki tour too so I imagine there would be fridges on the bus?? BUT nontheless she can keep pulmo in fridge each night in hotel and freeze blocks for the days. With everything going on I hope she remembers to take her pulmo/blocks out of fridge each time. All the other drugs are fine and she has a new e flow which is lighter, quicker, faster.

She was feeling great 6 weeks ago then got a cold, weeks of iv's and is still not feeling great. Hopefully the fun, excitement, nice weather and some relaxation will be good for her health. She will enjoy 10 days watching the US Tennis Open. I will TRY TO NOT WORRY about her health and look fwd to her positive reports from the United States.

Thanks everyone

blueschick

Thankyou so much everyone. She left this morning and we used the pulmo cooler bag with 3 ice blocks. Hopefully she asked the flight staff to keep it refrig. If not, by the time she arrives in NY it will be okay and she must remember to freeze the blocks continually over the 58 days she is there. She is going on a contiki tour too so I imagine there would be fridges on the bus?? BUT nontheless she can keep pulmo in fridge each night in hotel and freeze blocks for the days. With everything going on I hope she remembers to take her pulmo/blocks out of fridge each time. All the other drugs are fine and she has a new e flow which is lighter, quicker, faster.

She was feeling great 6 weeks ago then got a cold, weeks of iv's and is still not feeling great. Hopefully the fun, excitement, nice weather and some relaxation will be good for her health. She will enjoy 10 days watching the US Tennis Open. I will TRY TO NOT WORRY about her health and look fwd to her positive reports from the United States.

Thanks everyone

blueschick

Thanks everyone

blueschick

Thanks everyone

blueschick

<br />
<br />She was feeling great 6 weeks ago then got a cold, weeks of iv's and is still not feeling great. Hopefully the fun, excitement, nice weather and some relaxation will be good for her health. She will enjoy 10 days watching the US Tennis Open. I will TRY TO NOT WORRY about her health and look fwd to her positive reports from the United States.
<br />
<br />Thanks everyone