long flight with pulmozyme

Alyssa

I would suggest getting the best ice packs and cooler possible - mark it "medical" and it will not count towards her carry on limit. I would think 24 hours shouldn't be a problem to keep it cool - but also the manufacturer and pharmacist will tell you that Pulmozyme can go at room temperature for 24 hours without harm, so even if it did get a little warm for the last part of the trip, it should be fine.

Alyssa

I would suggest getting the best ice packs and cooler possible - mark it "medical" and it will not count towards her carry on limit. I would think 24 hours shouldn't be a problem to keep it cool - but also the manufacturer and pharmacist will tell you that Pulmozyme can go at room temperature for 24 hours without harm, so even if it did get a little warm for the last part of the trip, it should be fine.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

Marjolein

I have flown while I had pulmozyme with me.
I had iceblocks and a special Pulmo cooling bag for going to and from the airport. I had it in my handluggage and when I was in the plain I asked if they could put it in their fridge, they always did.
They do have the facilities, when I was flying.

So my 2 cents... Tell your daughter to ask on the plane.
Nothing to do about it when they can't cool it on the plane but still, it's better when they can.

Marjolein

I had iceblocks and a special Pulmo cooling bag for going to and from the airport. I had it in my handluggage and when I was in the plain I asked if they could put it in their fridge, they always did.

Nothing to do about it when they can't cool it on the plane but still, it's better when they can.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />I had iceblocks and a special Pulmo cooling bag for going to and from the airport. I had it in my handluggage and when I was in the plain I asked if they could put it in their fridge, they always did.
<br />They do have the facilities, when I was flying.
<br />
<br />So my 2 cents... Tell your daughter to ask on the plane.
<br />Nothing to do about it when they can't cool it on the plane but still, it's better when they can.

laulau555

i have some chemical freezing bags that i've gotten when i've had meds shipped to my house. its called arctic ice and usually lasts me up to 24 hours

laulau555

i have some chemical freezing bags that i've gotten when i've had meds shipped to my house. its called arctic ice and usually lasts me up to 24 hours

laulau555

laulau555

laulau555

robert321

the airplane has ice on it for drinks, if you ask i'd bet the flight attendants will give you some unless they are just really stick in the mud type attendants so if the meds start getting warm you could do that, pulmozyme is sopposed to be good for 24 hours out of the fridge, thats what someone said on here on a post about meds getting left out but i'd still try to keep them cold, i agree with the other posters, use the ice packs, get them really cold, the colder the better but be sure not to freeze the meds

robert321

the airplane has ice on it for drinks, if you ask i'd bet the flight attendants will give you some unless they are just really stick in the mud type attendants so if the meds start getting warm you could do that, pulmozyme is sopposed to be good for 24 hours out of the fridge, thats what someone said on here on a post about meds getting left out but i'd still try to keep them cold, i agree with the other posters, use the ice packs, get them really cold, the colder the better but be sure not to freeze the meds

robert321

robert321

robert321