lung function

lovelifepassion

Hey!

I want to ask how good is your lung function, and whats your age. Doing some stuff for school and need that information. I have CF from 2months of age, and have fev1 around 85%, and volume of the lungs around 105%. Now i am 19years old.

Thank you!

emmalou1610

Hello! I'm a 21 year old girl from Ireland and my FEV1 is around 102%. Which is the best it's been in a couple of years so I'm very happy! Sounds like you're doing well too, glad to hear it :)

lovelifepassion

Thank you! I think that the secret of it is doing sports, drink alot of water... Thats the best way to clean lungs. And ofcourse doing physiotherapy and inhalations. And take antibiotics when its urgent, not for every cold. Peace and love to all! Stay healthy!

W

welshwitch

107% as of June. For me, it's running 3 + days a week, eating right, getting enough sleep, taking vitamins, doing daily breathing treatments, and maintaining a low stress lifestyle. I recently made some changes to my life (quitting a high stress job) and I'm excited to see if there are health benefits, too!

W

welshwitch

Oh yes, and I'm 32. Wanted to clarify that I am still working a full-time job, just lower stress (and lower paying, but that comes with the territory, doesn't it LOL--no brainer for me.)

4hats

42 y/o. FEV1 in the 80s. To bcl0328's question, some 'secrets': exercise regularly, stay very hydrated, drink a lot of green tea, keep mentally positive and motivated in life, take therapies seriously.

Lena Bean

21 years old, and as of august my FEV1 was 79% I'm hoping and praying it's higher next time I go to clinic. It was down to 40% in may, but my base was in the 80s to 100s(I know WIDE range for a base, lol) for years, so this has been a scary year for me. I am shooting for 85%!

A

all4Eden

Our Daughter is 9 and she is at 97%. She is running, swimming when she can, hiking and Martial Arts. I am her father and my goal is for her to be a fitness nut/gym rat/sports freak/jock. To be completely in shape now, so she can stick with this habit for the rest of her life...