lung function

D

Deb

I am 52 and mine is up to 60%. For those who are younger...EXERCISE. I wish I had started earlier. Keep searching until you find something you enjoy doing. I have increased my lung function by 18% since I started working out and I have never felt better.

randmel89

I am 38 yrs old and January of this year I was at 30% FEV1 but since being on Kalydeco since April my FEV1 is at 50% and climbing...

jamoncita

Hello! I'm 24 and have an FEV1 of about 70% when i'm well. Went in to the hospital last week and was down by a little over 10%. On my way back up, though! Yay!

Solo

My FEV1 was 75% last time I was seen. I'm 32. I think I am doing really well breathing-wise, I don't see how some people can get such high FEV1's. I wonder if there is a trick to fool the machine?

shannon38

Have MRSA, pseudomonnous and Mac Not able to continue mac treatment due to liver panels and Tobi and cayston aren't working. Any suggestions?

scanboyd

FEV1 31% FVC 100%, very important to stay well hydrated, and as active as possible, sports, work out at gym, swimming, just keep moving, along with neb. treatments.

G

gunelle

I am 36, Fev1 82% at the lates reading. I have been 86% and 76%.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
It is possible but only if a hospital has certain high tech equipment. My understanding is less than a dozen have it in US. Our CF Center did and we did 2 or 3 lung function tests until DS outgrew the machine. They typically can only do from 3 months to 2. They have to sedate (the baby, although I wouldn't have minded some sedation too.) So very very few young (0 -2 year olds) ever have a lung function done and after that you have to wait until old enough to do the "regular" ones which is about 6.

JENNYC

So I have a question... at our clinic we always just focus on the FEV1 liters...like Abby's right now is 1.51L so how do you know what percent that is? There is a field on her PFT's that is labeled FEV1 percent Predicted, but I wouldn't think that that would be it as it says "predicted" Can anyone tell me what percent my little one is?