Lung Transplants and Alcohol

Buxxfan

My dr says I can drink BUT in moderation. He says if you drink too much it messes with your liver function numbers which then can screw up your anti-rejection medicine levels.

Buxxfan

My dr says I can drink BUT in moderation. He says if you drink too much it messes with your liver function numbers which then can screw up your anti-rejection medicine levels.

Buxxfan

Buxxfan

Buxxfan

Marjolein

I drink one or two glasses of wine every two months, so really not a lot, almost nothing, I can go for a year without too. My hospital is ok with that, we have to fill in a questionaire every 6 months that has all kinds of question, including if you drink and how much.
I don't know if you have that in the US too, but if you do and your friends fills it in according to the truth, that he will hear what his team thinks of it...

I do know that they don't want you to drink too much. Like Kevin says, it can mess up your anti-rejection levels and the meds we're on are already bad for your liver.. So with that it's not good to add something that can mess with your liver even more.

Marjolein

I drink one or two glasses of wine every two months, so really not a lot, almost nothing, I can go for a year without too. My hospital is ok with that, we have to fill in a questionaire every 6 months that has all kinds of question, including if you drink and how much.
I don't know if you have that in the US too, but if you do and your friends fills it in according to the truth, that he will hear what his team thinks of it...

I do know that they don't want you to drink too much. Like Kevin says, it can mess up your anti-rejection levels and the meds we're on are already bad for your liver.. So with that it's not good to add something that can mess with your liver even more.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />I don't know if you have that in the US too, but if you do and your friends fills it in according to the truth, that he will hear what his team thinks of it...
<br />
<br />I do know that they don't want you to drink too much. Like Kevin says, it can mess up your anti-rejection levels and the meds we're on are already bad for your liver.. So with that it's not good to add something that can mess with your liver even more.

CountryGirl

I had my lung transplant July 25h of last year and my doctors say that its ok for me to drink, just do so in moderation. Dont take it to the extreme. All the medications you are on already can cause difficulty with your other organs and alcohal can just increase that.

CountryGirl

I had my lung transplant July 25h of last year and my doctors say that its ok for me to drink, just do so in moderation. Dont take it to the extreme. All the medications you are on already can cause difficulty with your other organs and alcohal can just increase that.

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

coltsfan715

I had my transplant May 2 of 2007. I didn't have anything alcoholic until New Years Eve last year.

I think alcohol MAY effect your meds, but my thinking was more for my liver and kidneys. The meds we take post transplant are hard on those organs and adding alcohol to the mix doesn't help.

I was also told moderation. As a matter of fact I was just discussing the drinking thing with a friend as I want to go out and have a few for my birthday - that being said I am not a big drinker (I drink twice a year .. New Years I have 1-2 drinks and my birthday I have 1-2 drinks).

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I had my transplant May 2 of 2007. I didn't have anything alcoholic until New Years Eve last year.

I think alcohol MAY effect your meds, but my thinking was more for my liver and kidneys. The meds we take post transplant are hard on those organs and adding alcohol to the mix doesn't help.

I was also told moderation. As a matter of fact I was just discussing the drinking thing with a friend as I want to go out and have a few for my birthday - that being said I am not a big drinker (I drink twice a year .. New Years I have 1-2 drinks and my birthday I have 1-2 drinks).

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />I think alcohol MAY effect your meds, but my thinking was more for my liver and kidneys. The meds we take post transplant are hard on those organs and adding alcohol to the mix doesn't help.
<br />
<br />I was also told moderation. As a matter of fact I was just discussing the drinking thing with a friend as I want to go out and have a few for my birthday - that being said I am not a big drinker (I drink twice a year .. New Years I have 1-2 drinks and my birthday I have 1-2 drinks).
<br />
<br />Take Care,
<br />Lindsey