Lung Transplants and Alcohol

shamrock

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>alcohol lowers your immune system as well as irritates your throat, correct me if im wrong, thats just been my experience. </end quote></div>

Yes BUT transplant patients are ALL on anti-rejection immuno suppressents anyway so we're already at risk of infection.

As well as this, surely if alcohol had a major effect on the immune system then it would be a totally banned substance for tx patients as the interaction with immuno suppressents would completely mess you (your bloods, chems and immune system) up. In the same way that tx patients are not allowed to drink Grape Fruit juice as it has this exact effect....

shamrock

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>alcohol lowers your immune system as well as irritates your throat, correct me if im wrong, thats just been my experience. </end quote></div>

Yes BUT transplant patients are ALL on anti-rejection immuno suppressents anyway so we're already at risk of infection.

As well as this, surely if alcohol had a major effect on the immune system then it would be a totally banned substance for tx patients as the interaction with immuno suppressents would completely mess you (your bloods, chems and immune system) up. In the same way that tx patients are not allowed to drink Grape Fruit juice as it has this exact effect....

shamrock

shamrock

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>alcohol lowers your immune system as well as irritates your throat, correct me if im wrong, thats just been my experience. </end quote>

shamrock

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>alcohol lowers your immune system as well as irritates your throat, correct me if im wrong, thats just been my experience. </end quote>
<br />
<br />Yes BUT transplant patients are ALL on anti-rejection immuno suppressents anyway so we're already at risk of infection.
<br />
<br />As well as this, surely if alcohol had a major effect on the immune system then it would be a totally banned substance for tx patients as the interaction with immuno suppressents would completely mess you (your bloods, chems and immune system) up. In the same way that tx patients are not allowed to drink Grape Fruit juice as it has this exact effect....

shamrock

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>the doctors say "in moderation" but what does that mean????? </end quote></div>

Enjoy alcohol sensibly: don't go out binging every weekend.

shamrock

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>the doctors say "in moderation" but what does that mean????? </end quote></div>

shamrock

shamrock

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>the doctors say "in moderation" but what does that mean????? </end quote>

shamrock

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>the doctors say "in moderation" but what does that mean????? </end quote>
<br />
<br />Enjoy alcohol sensibly: don't go out binging every weekend.