Making dreams come trud despite "healthy" people

Having cf means often fighting against prejudice od "healthy" people and institutions. Asia passed the exams to our national ballet school (was told by her teacher privately) but after opening her papers she was rejected in a very rude way. But there are other ways od gaining a balerina education. Thanks to a wonderful young person and her school Les Ballets de Pologne we are going forward. The movie is in polish but the most important is that Asia is no different to "healthy" kids and she's always present. And that IT is possible to make ends meet with regular school, ballet, rehersals and cf rutine. Asia also is a part of a musical school. We have another ballet performances comming up end of march and a huge musical in june with Warsztatowa Akademia Musicalowa (Asia with them since 2013)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SVluFVB7nE
https://youtu.be/DDDzTM7ntNE

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Very glad to hear she was excepted elsewhere! I auditioned to attend a performing art's school here in America when I was 10 years old but I was rejected. While the reasoning was not explained I'm 100% percent sure they turned me down because of my sickness. Not everyone will see past the talent but those who do are special people. Individuals with CF are just as talented as those without CF. Our talents make us even more unique than everyone else. :)

Hugs,

triples15

Super Moderator
I'm sorry Asia was discriminated against, that is so disappointing. But I'm so happy that you all found another school that can look at Asia and her abilities and merit, and leave CF out of it. I'm sure she will continue to flourish.

I loved the video and being able to see you and Asia. It's always nice to put a face with the names. How cool that they produced that, looked very professional. The performances looked amazing. Thanks so much for sharing!

Autumn

Thank all.
Amber - I know it was hard for you too. Warm hugs.
Automn - I had to tell Asia the truth - otherwise she was beging to think she had no talent and wanted to quit everything. it's this age when tellin the truth is better then saying nothing. It made her get over it and start workin even harder quicker. But it took me some time to realise that. Warm hugs