Males with CF: who has their vas deferens?

F

fel

Can you let me know if you have them, what mutation you have?

I have tried to search journal articles and the mutation databases, but the only
one I have found so far associated with intact vas is 3849+10kb c->t.

Thanks,
Fel

trekker

i dont have them i dont think because i only ejaculate semen,none of the white thick stuff...im delta f508 and G551d.....22yrs old,5'8 160lbs,fev1 94%

D

dyzaman

I'm in two minds to say this as it may cloud the issue, but hey... I have two copies of RH117, so geneticly i could be said to have CF, but have been not been diagnosed as having CF.( nor will i be). My son, has CF (RH117 and DF508), and my daughter is a carrier with RH117. They are my natural children.

craig

F

fel

Thanks for your replies. Both my sons have been checked and have their vas deferens, which is why I am interested. Genetics are still pending. They both have sweat chloride levels in the 70's.

amber682

fel, I'm wondering how they were tested to see if they have their vas deferens, and their ages? It's something I always have in the back of my mind when my DS says something like, "When I'm a dad someday..."

F

fel

They are 14 and 17, and were just diagnosed. They went to a urologist and were palpated (I excused myself to another room). This is one of the first things we scheduled, as the shock of getting diagnosed as teenagers included suddenly realizing that they may not be able to start a family in the standard way. The urologist was very very surprised with the outcome.

azdesertrat

I was tested about 3 months ago to find out which mutation I have. Not sure if I have the vas deferens but I know I have been unable to 'make a kid'. And it aint from a lack of trying, I can tell you that!
As soon as I find out which mutation I have, I'll let you know.
I'm too old to start a family now, so I will not be tested to see if I have the equipment or not.
Unfortunately, due to the fact I'm unable to impregnate, my Wife went through a lot of misery when she was younger & her 'biological clock' was 'ticking'. Sometimes even now she regrets not having a child.
I will never forgive myself for the misery she suffered.
Praise God, she stuck with me through it all anyway.
I'm still not sure why...