Mass general adult clinic

Mg930

Does anyone go to mass general on this forum? I heard that Dr. Sicilian was part time now (? retiring soon) and they laid of a nurse practitioner. Are the doctors good there and if so which ones?

Printer

About 6 years ago, I left MGH for Children's. For me, it was the smartest CF decision I ever made.

Bill

Mg930

Hi Bill, I currently go to Childrens. The doctor I see does not have a lot of experience with cf. She is part time cf and part time general pulmonology. I saw the chief when I moved back from Chicago in 2007 but he got angry (and hurt...his words) when I wanted to switch to Dr. Uluer. He told me I was not allowed to see anyone there but the doctor I currently see.

Lynnfield mom

Dr. Sicilian has cut back but he no longer has to take a turn doing consults and covering things like the Fellows clinic or the MICU so he actually has more time slots available. The NP retired a while ago at the same time as there were some hospital cut-backs - they are recruiting for a replacment now as I understand. Dr. Isabel Neuringer is also an attending physician who is excellent - she covers some in the lung transplant program and then in adult CF, she is amazing. They aslo have a yonger Dr. Chris Richards, he is pretty cool - don't know if he is on the same par with the others yet though. They are also getting another doctor from Johns Hopkins after 7/1.

If you are admitted, you will always see your doctor every day (except weekends when you are covered by another MD pulmonologist - never an NP or PA) The group is small enough that the team knows you well.

Mg930

Hi lynnfield mom, thank you for the update on the mgh clinic. Their website was not updated at all. This is so helpful.

Lynnfield mom

No problem. They have a FB group - it is a closed group so that the "conversations" are private, the FB page is Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program at Massachusetts General Hospital. You can ask to join the group and speak to other/current patients there.

jaimers

Super Moderator
I go to MGH and have been pleased with my care. Both Dr. Sicilian and Neuringer are wonderful. For the last 1.5 years the clinic has struggled administratively because the NP position was eliminated. Things are slowly getting better with the addition of Dr, Richards and Dr. Sicilian's new schedule. and it's excellent news to hear what Lynnfield Mom said that there is a new doctor coming in July. I had not heard this. Lynnfield mom where did you find this out?
im happy to answer any more specific questions you might have.

Mg930

Hi jaimers, thank you for the information. It sounds like mgh is getting back on track which is great news!

jaimers

Super Moderator
Yes I think so, slowly! I've spoken with a couple other patients at the clinic that i'm friends with and one of them is on the patient advisory committee and no one else had heard this info about a new NP and a new doctor. In fact, the new NP info is in direct contradiction to information that was given by the director of the pulmonary department just a few months ago. Hopefully something has changed and these two positions will be filled! that would be great!