Medi port surgery

haleybabe3843

My name is haley, i am 17. I am on my 4th medi port. I dont remember the pain being so bad. they have me on hydro-codein but im still in alot of pain. what might you suggest to get rid of the pain??

haleybabe3843

My name is haley, i am 17. I am on my 4th medi port. I dont remember the pain being so bad. they have me on hydro-codein but im still in alot of pain. what might you suggest to get rid of the pain??

haleybabe3843

haleybabe3843

haleybabe3843

I don't have anything to suggest for the pain, but I remember hurting for a lot longer than I thought I would. A few weeks at least. Mine is in my chest, above my left breast. At one week I tried driving but realized I couldn't when it hurt to turn around to look in my blind spot.

I don't have anything to suggest for the pain, but I remember hurting for a lot longer than I thought I would. A few weeks at least. Mine is in my chest, above my left breast. At one week I tried driving but realized I couldn't when it hurt to turn around to look in my blind spot.

A

Aspiemom

I, also, remember having a lot of pain for the first 7-10 days. I couldn't believe how bad it was the first week - no one had prepared me for that! Mine was above my right breast, but I had it removed several years ago because it wasn't be accessed enough. (It was before my CF dx.)

Sorry, I don't know what to suggest for the pain. Are you asking because you are concerned something is wrong?

A

Aspiemom

I, also, remember having a lot of pain for the first 7-10 days. I couldn't believe how bad it was the first week - no one had prepared me for that! Mine was above my right breast, but I had it removed several years ago because it wasn't be accessed enough. (It was before my CF dx.)

Sorry, I don't know what to suggest for the pain. Are you asking because you are concerned something is wrong?

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

JustDucky

You certainly have had your share of ports already....Where is your port located? I think that some places are more tender than others. I have had two placed, my second definitely hurt more than the first taking almost two weeks before all of the redness, swelling and pain went away. Mine is a bit below my left collarbone now. How long has this pain been going on? If it has been quite some time after placement, I would definitely talk to the doc about it. I pray that you get some relief soon..hugs, Jenn

JustDucky

You certainly have had your share of ports already....Where is your port located? I think that some places are more tender than others. I have had two placed, my second definitely hurt more than the first taking almost two weeks before all of the redness, swelling and pain went away. Mine is a bit below my left collarbone now. How long has this pain been going on? If it has been quite some time after placement, I would definitely talk to the doc about it. I pray that you get some relief soon..hugs, Jenn

JustDucky

JustDucky

JustDucky