Medicaid

Purplelungs

Those of you one medicaid. I have a question and its not the usual that is asked. But here it is....have you gotten your medicaid card for this month yet? If you dont want to answer for any reason I understand. But it has come to my attention as of friday i hadnt recieved my card for august yet. So I mentioned it to a friend of mine whose child is on it, they havent recieved it either...and another friend hasnt. Now mind you this is three of us in the same town and state, but different situations household, income wise, two of us have cf. So this is weird. Yeah why didnt i notice before now...well I dont know and i didnt need the card till friday. Made me worried I accidentally threw it away with junk mail or I was kicked off with no letter yet. Now I know thats probably not it. Anyway any body else not get theirs....any one in texas not get theirs?

anonymous

When I lived in WI, I had a plastic one that did not expire. Now I'm in MN, and its the same deal, but a paper card instead of plastic. You should have medicaid number on your old card that you can call and ask questions. I've usually found them pretty helpful.

WinAce

Ditto. New York had an EBT card used for Medicaid and other government services. Here in North Carolina, there's the monthly-renewable paper card, which I think is a far sillier way of doing things. If it's anything like here, you should still be able to use the same ID number as the old card, though, despite the expiration date. Or you can contact a nearby Social Services office to get a temporary card (I did, at one point).