Megace

MMBinNC

I was wondering if you build up tolerance to Megace ES over time? I was on Marinol on and off for a while, but after a week or so on i would stop getting the benefits. Then I'd take week off, then go back on, etc. The problem with this program is that I was getting too sick too often to really be able to afford one week without being hungry. I recently switched to Megace ES, and I like it a lot better so far. The hunger is more even over the day (rather than 30 mins after the dose) and it doesn't make me sit down and only be able to think about food. I was just wondering if the tolerance thing can occur with this drug too? I realize Marinol is THC and Megace is a hormorne so I was wondering if that would make it so I could just take this indefinitly without any tolerance building up.

MMBinNC

I was wondering if you build up tolerance to Megace ES over time? I was on Marinol on and off for a while, but after a week or so on i would stop getting the benefits. Then I'd take week off, then go back on, etc. The problem with this program is that I was getting too sick too often to really be able to afford one week without being hungry. I recently switched to Megace ES, and I like it a lot better so far. The hunger is more even over the day (rather than 30 mins after the dose) and it doesn't make me sit down and only be able to think about food. I was just wondering if the tolerance thing can occur with this drug too? I realize Marinol is THC and Megace is a hormorne so I was wondering if that would make it so I could just take this indefinitly without any tolerance building up.

theLostMiler

I didnt notice a tolerance, but after about 3 years of being on and off (I would get super bloated) I did feel like it stopped working for me. But I was also really ready to be done with it... It made me only think aout food though lol

theLostMiler

I didnt notice a tolerance, but after about 3 years of being on and off (I would get super bloated) I did feel like it stopped working for me. But I was also really ready to be done with it... It made me only think aout food though lol

B

bethylove

I've been on both Megace and Marinol before and I personally like Megace better, but seeing as it was a female hormone it was messing up my cycle (TMI yet? lol) and making my hair fall out so I switched over to marinol. I take a decently high dose of marinol when I need it because on lower doses it's more of a 'hit or miss' deal. I have never seen a tolerance build up.

My sister also took marinol consistently while waiting for her transplant. She started on 2.5 mg and only ever had to bump up after a few years to 5 mg. I took 10mg.

Megace was a much more consistant hunger. I wasn't necessarily 'hungry' on it, but everything just tasted so much better and I could eat a lot more while taking it. I took Megace for a few months until I just couldn't stand losing my hair anymore. I never saw any tolerance buildup.

Have you ever tried periactin? Some people have good luck with that one. Personally seeing as its an antihistamine it used ot just knock me out and I was never hungry on it. Some people swear by it.

B

bethylove

I've been on both Megace and Marinol before and I personally like Megace better, but seeing as it was a female hormone it was messing up my cycle (TMI yet? lol) and making my hair fall out so I switched over to marinol. I take a decently high dose of marinol when I need it because on lower doses it's more of a 'hit or miss' deal. I have never seen a tolerance build up.

My sister also took marinol consistently while waiting for her transplant. She started on 2.5 mg and only ever had to bump up after a few years to 5 mg. I took 10mg.

Megace was a much more consistant hunger. I wasn't necessarily 'hungry' on it, but everything just tasted so much better and I could eat a lot more while taking it. I took Megace for a few months until I just couldn't stand losing my hair anymore. I never saw any tolerance buildup.

Have you ever tried periactin? Some people have good luck with that one. Personally seeing as its an antihistamine it used ot just knock me out and I was never hungry on it. Some people swear by it.