Mel... Jeanne.. and anyone else in NYC area

JennifersHope

Hey..

It will be a Cornel University... which is in the city...in Manhatten.....

I was not looking so much for ppl to come to my talk as much as for us all to get together afterwards...I was thinking it was going to me more like a little lunch meeting type thing afterward... If anyone wants to come to hear great..... I don't know how great it will be for you.. .. but I will be there along with several other patients that my doctor helped fix.. with all different diseases... He presents each case one at a time..... and then gives them a chance to guess and ask questions... Then each person does a little speeach type thing.......

I don't want it video taped.... I would feel so silly... and it is a class room environment so I would have to ask the dr but I still don't want it to be..... I am not the best presentation of a CFer and I am much more healthy lung wise then the average person.... etc..... Sometimes I am embarrased to say I have CF when I see how much ppl my age are suffering....and in general how well I am doing... I feel so guilty

I am mostly excited about the chance for CF to get recognized with the doctors but also for the doctors to realize that they need to listen to their patients or it could cost them their life....

Anyway... we can plan a big lunch or something afterwards.. and Jeanne I can bring or you can bring some CF.com Pens..if you send them to me I will hand them out or something.... ..

Fun... I hope I get to meet a lot of you guys....

Jennifer

westonsmom

I am actually going to be in NYC that day!!! Haven't been there in years but I will be on Jan. 26. My sister is taking me and my neice to see Mary Poppins on broadway. There is a CF foundation appreciation dinner on the 25th, so my husband and I might go a day early and stay over. Let me know when and where you guys are meeting and maybe I can find my way there. I would LOVE to meet you all in person.

westonsmom

I am actually going to be in NYC that day!!! Haven't been there in years but I will be on Jan. 26. My sister is taking me and my neice to see Mary Poppins on broadway. There is a CF foundation appreciation dinner on the 25th, so my husband and I might go a day early and stay over. Let me know when and where you guys are meeting and maybe I can find my way there. I would LOVE to meet you all in person.

westonsmom

JennifersHope

Well I should be done by 12 noon or maybe a few minutes later... So maybe around 1 pm???? I am so excited... I have to see what Jeanne and Melissa might be able to do as well and exactly what they are planning for that day...

I will probably ask Jeanne to pick a place since she knows the city way better then me... or if anyone has any suggestions

Ellie PMed me. I don't think she will be able to make it because her health has not been spectaular....... But I am still hoping she can....

Funnnn

JennifersHope

Well I should be done by 12 noon or maybe a few minutes later... So maybe around 1 pm???? I am so excited... I have to see what Jeanne and Melissa might be able to do as well and exactly what they are planning for that day...

I will probably ask Jeanne to pick a place since she knows the city way better then me... or if anyone has any suggestions

Ellie PMed me. I don't think she will be able to make it because her health has not been spectaular....... But I am still hoping she can....

Funnnn

JennifersHope

Funnnn

JennifersHope

Funnnn

JennifersHope

Funnnn

JennifersHope

Funnnn

letsrockcfem

Hey Jennifer!

That is so cool that you go to the class and do that..I like how you present yourself and they have to diagnose you, so cool!

I will be in NYC Tuesday Jan 23 and I fly at 4:30pm on the 26th. I will be checking out some jobs out there as well as going to a few CF centers in the city to check those out as well. I am planning to relocate to NYC in the next few months, so I'm going to visit my uncle and kinda set up a schedule for the move.

I would like to meet for lunch with everybody. I'll need to head out to the airport at 2 probably but I could probably stop in for a little snack! Let me know where..Johns Pizza is my favorite FYI haha..this could be very very cool guys!

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Hey Jennifer!

That is so cool that you go to the class and do that..I like how you present yourself and they have to diagnose you, so cool!

I will be in NYC Tuesday Jan 23 and I fly at 4:30pm on the 26th. I will be checking out some jobs out there as well as going to a few CF centers in the city to check those out as well. I am planning to relocate to NYC in the next few months, so I'm going to visit my uncle and kinda set up a schedule for the move.

I would like to meet for lunch with everybody. I'll need to head out to the airport at 2 probably but I could probably stop in for a little snack! Let me know where..Johns Pizza is my favorite FYI haha..this could be very very cool guys!

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Hey Jennifer!

Rock CF,
Em

65rosessamurai

Em, let's hope there is a John's Pizza in NYC!!

Hey, if I woulda known there's gonna be a 'CF Bash' in NYC, I might actually plan on going out there in a few years or so, never been to the 'Big Apple'!
(If someone makes this an anual thing, of course)

This certainly reminds me of my CF Camp days, when a few campers and staff members got together in the 'off season'.

With this idea, you get to connect the faces to the posts, and have a voice to go with it!! (hehe!)

I'll be sending my 'presence vibes', just save a slice of pizza for me!! (or, you can PM it to me!)

65rosessamurai

Hey, if I woulda known there's gonna be a 'CF Bash' in NYC, I might actually plan on going out there in a few years or so, never been to the 'Big Apple'!

This certainly reminds me of my CF Camp days, when a few campers and staff members got together in the 'off season'.

With this idea, you get to connect the faces to the posts, and have a voice to go with it!! (hehe!)

I'll be sending my 'presence vibes', just save a slice of pizza for me!! (or, you can PM it to me!)

65rosessamurai

JazzysMom

I am getting more excited. I will be in contact after Jeanne & I have lunch today. Maybe I will call you Jenn......**jumps up & down**

JazzysMom

I am getting more excited. I will be in contact after Jeanne & I have lunch today. Maybe I will call you Jenn......**jumps up & down**

JazzysMom

JennifersHope

I am jumping up and down too.. I don't have time to hang around I Have to leave for work in an hour.. but I will be home later..

Call me Mel I get off of work at 7 pm our time ( or you can call me in the next few days) we will post where we are going to meet and the address so everyone will know.. FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Em it will be great to meet you... I am glad you are flying in that day.... and better yet that you are moving to our area..

We could make it an annual thing Fred start that would be great to meet Mr. Japan..

Got to get in the shower for work now....

Jennifer