Memories of Lauren (lightNlife)

Imogene

Administrator
I can't help but think as I read through LouLou's emails of Bob Dylan's words:

No Fear
No Envy
No Meanness

These three gifts she brought us...<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcXW0Se4HMs">Little Drummer</a>

Jeanne

Imogene

Administrator

No Fear
No Envy
No Meanness

These three gifts she brought us...<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcXW0Se4HMs">Little Drummer</a>

Jeanne

Imogene

Administrator

No Fear
No Envy
No Meanness

Jeanne

Imogene

Administrator

No Fear
No Envy
No Meanness

Jeanne

Imogene

Administrator
<br />
<br />No Fear
<br />No Envy
<br />No Meanness
<br />
<br />These three gifts she brought us...<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcXW0Se4HMs">Little Drummer</a>
<br />
<br />Jeanne

Hi Brad,
I have not been on the site in quite a while, and I just saw of Lauren's passing. I have no words, except I'm so very very sorry. As another CF spouse, it is like a huge punch in the heart to see your words and imagine what your journey has been like the last few months. I didn't know Lauren extremely well, as I was more of a 'lurker' than a 'poster' here, but I always knew her posts without having to even read her name necessarily - they were full of wisdom, with sincerity and caring, but also with a touch of boldness that I always admired in her. She was so smart and knew where she stood on the issues, and I love that she was never afraid to let people know when they needed a bit of practical wisdom... if that makes sense.

But most of all, her great love of you, Brad, was palpable. I suppose you can feel it when another CF couple has the type of love that you two have (and that I feel I have with my CF husband Chris) - the love that carries you through the tough times and that is truly the reason for living. She was a beautiful person and I hate this disease for robbing her of the many, many more years she deserved on this earth. I hope you are wading through these last few months with her love and laughter tucked away in your heart. I truly can't quite wrap my mind around the day when I will have to live without my Chris, despite it being on the edge of my mind every single day.

I send you a long, tearful hug and my wishes that your Lauren will never be forgotten.

Hi Brad,
I have not been on the site in quite a while, and I just saw of Lauren's passing. I have no words, except I'm so very very sorry. As another CF spouse, it is like a huge punch in the heart to see your words and imagine what your journey has been like the last few months. I didn't know Lauren extremely well, as I was more of a 'lurker' than a 'poster' here, but I always knew her posts without having to even read her name necessarily - they were full of wisdom, with sincerity and caring, but also with a touch of boldness that I always admired in her. She was so smart and knew where she stood on the issues, and I love that she was never afraid to let people know when they needed a bit of practical wisdom... if that makes sense.

But most of all, her great love of you, Brad, was palpable. I suppose you can feel it when another CF couple has the type of love that you two have (and that I feel I have with my CF husband Chris) - the love that carries you through the tough times and that is truly the reason for living. She was a beautiful person and I hate this disease for robbing her of the many, many more years she deserved on this earth. I hope you are wading through these last few months with her love and laughter tucked away in your heart. I truly can't quite wrap my mind around the day when I will have to live without my Chris, despite it being on the edge of my mind every single day.

I send you a long, tearful hug and my wishes that your Lauren will never be forgotten.

Hi Brad,

Hi Brad,

Hi Brad,
<br />I have not been on the site in quite a while, and I just saw of Lauren's passing. I have no words, except I'm so very very sorry. As another CF spouse, it is like a huge punch in the heart to see your words and imagine what your journey has been like the last few months. I didn't know Lauren extremely well, as I was more of a 'lurker' than a 'poster' here, but I always knew her posts without having to even read her name necessarily - they were full of wisdom, with sincerity and caring, but also with a touch of boldness that I always admired in her. She was so smart and knew where she stood on the issues, and I love that she was never afraid to let people know when they needed a bit of practical wisdom... if that makes sense.
<br />
<br />But most of all, her great love of you, Brad, was palpable. I suppose you can feel it when another CF couple has the type of love that you two have (and that I feel I have with my CF husband Chris) - the love that carries you through the tough times and that is truly the reason for living. She was a beautiful person and I hate this disease for robbing her of the many, many more years she deserved on this earth. I hope you are wading through these last few months with her love and laughter tucked away in your heart. I truly can't quite wrap my mind around the day when I will have to live without my Chris, despite it being on the edge of my mind every single day.
<br />
<br />I send you a long, tearful hug and my wishes that your Lauren will never be forgotten.

lightNlifesMan

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on in a while, either, but I got the email notice that there had been a new post to this thread so here I am.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing really well. I attribute most of that to the fact that Lauren and I had such a great relationship; we talked about everything, and there was very little left unsaid or undone for me to deal with on my own.

Also, especially the last month I've received such peace and joy from the Lord. At first I didn't trust it; "How can I be feeling peaceful barely two months after her death?," I thought at first. But the love, joy, and peace of Christ just filled me more and more. Those are the fruit of the Spirit, after all (Ephesians 5:22-23). I've also been talking with a therapist, and a few weeks ago she told me that we had nothing left to talk about; I've resolved and/or completed every part of my grief that was necessary for me to address.

So... life goes on. I still miss Lauren terribly, and some part of me will always love her, but I'm no longer sad or despairing. Thanks for all the memories you've shared, and your prayers and well-wishes. I'll never be over needing those!

lightNlifesMan

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on in a while, either, but I got the email notice that there had been a new post to this thread so here I am.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing really well. I attribute most of that to the fact that Lauren and I had such a great relationship; we talked about everything, and there was very little left unsaid or undone for me to deal with on my own.

Also, especially the last month I've received such peace and joy from the Lord. At first I didn't trust it; "How can I be feeling peaceful barely two months after her death?," I thought at first. But the love, joy, and peace of Christ just filled me more and more. Those are the fruit of the Spirit, after all (Ephesians 5:22-23). I've also been talking with a therapist, and a few weeks ago she told me that we had nothing left to talk about; I've resolved and/or completed every part of my grief that was necessary for me to address.

So... life goes on. I still miss Lauren terribly, and some part of me will always love her, but I'm no longer sad or despairing. Thanks for all the memories you've shared, and your prayers and well-wishes. I'll never be over needing those!

lightNlifesMan

Hi everyone,

lightNlifesMan

Hi everyone,

lightNlifesMan

Hi everyone,
<br />
<br />I haven't been on in a while, either, but I got the email notice that there had been a new post to this thread so here I am.
<br />
<br />Just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing really well. I attribute most of that to the fact that Lauren and I had such a great relationship; we talked about everything, and there was very little left unsaid or undone for me to deal with on my own.
<br />
<br />Also, especially the last month I've received such peace and joy from the Lord. At first I didn't trust it; "How can I be feeling peaceful barely two months after her death?," I thought at first. But the love, joy, and peace of Christ just filled me more and more. Those are the fruit of the Spirit, after all (Ephesians 5:22-23). I've also been talking with a therapist, and a few weeks ago she told me that we had nothing left to talk about; I've resolved and/or completed every part of my grief that was necessary for me to address.
<br />
<br />So... life goes on. I still miss Lauren terribly, and some part of me will always love her, but I'm no longer sad or despairing. Thanks for all the memories you've shared, and your prayers and well-wishes. I'll never be over needing those!

lightNlifesMan

Of course I meant Galatians in that Scripture reference there, but hopefully you get my point anyway. Thanks so much for all your love & support here.

lightNlifesMan

Of course I meant Galatians in that Scripture reference there, but hopefully you get my point anyway. Thanks so much for all your love & support here.

lightNlifesMan

lightNlifesMan

lightNlifesMan