Mic-key/Mini versus G Tube?

emacsurak

Thank you all for your support concerning the my girls possible g-tubes. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Mic-key vs Mini vs traditional G Tube. My girls are army scooting and spending a lot of time on their bellies. I am worried about the pull out factor with all this tummy time. Due to this I am thinking Mini- but their tubes will be long term and the minis seem to be used more short term. Thoughts?

R

RytheStunner

I'm not sure if by "mini", you mean the AMT Mini One? As far as I'm concerned, all of them are used for long-term use. I honestly really don't know anyone who has chosen to keep the traditional long PEG tube over the button-type ones.

aspiringactress

All of the g-tubes make it fairly hard to move around on your stomach. They will be hating it for a while, trust me. I don't even remember when I had a smooth stomach. I have the Mickey, and I think it's really nice and easy to use.

knowitall

Banned
I don't think they let you keep the temporary? It's there to get the hole "made" and healed up until you're ready for the button. I have a mic-key it works for me. I wouldn't want anything smaller I don't think.