Motherhood

EnergyGal

I think the name Motherhood would a much better title for this category. It will attract more folks. Just my opinion.

EnergyGal

I think the name Motherhood would a much better title for this category. It will attract more folks. Just my opinion.

EnergyGal

Scarlett81

I can see your point.
I think either title would be fine.
The only thing is-what is mainly discussed here is health/pregnancy related issues in cf women. If your reasoning is b/c there are alot of adoptive or surrogate moms, my only argument is that the main purpose with this particular folder seems to be to discuss pregnancy related health concerns. But, there are plenty of lifestyle/cf related health concerns that fall under the entire scope of motherhood.
So if there are others that would appreciate the change, I'd be supportive of that. Either way.

Scarlett81

I can see your point.
The only thing is-what is mainly discussed here is health/pregnancy related issues in cf women. If your reasoning is b/c there are alot of adoptive or surrogate moms, my only argument is that the main purpose with this particular folder seems to be to discuss pregnancy related health concerns. But, there are plenty of lifestyle/cf related health concerns that fall under the entire scope of motherhood.
So if there are others that would appreciate the change, I'd be supportive of that. Either way.

Scarlett81

I can see your point.

JazzysMom

"MAYBE" creating another section with this or including it with Pregnancy, but not replacing it. I understand the info about the Moms who adopted or are looking to adopt, but the same thing applies to Moms pregnant or looking to get pregnant. Not sure what the right answer is....

JazzysMom

"MAYBE" creating another section with this or including it with Pregnancy, but not replacing it. I understand the info about the Moms who adopted or are looking to adopt, but the same thing applies to Moms pregnant or looking to get pregnant. Not sure what the right answer is....

JazzysMom

Scarlett81

maybe adoption and surogacy would be good to add-a sort of motherhood/family planning folder that has everyone needs met. Adoption/surogacy applies to cf b/c these are more common situations in cf. I don't know. I'm happy with it the way it is b/c its fullfilling my preg needs. But if anyone feels this way, I'd love for them to speak up so we can hear your opinion.

Scarlett81

maybe adoption and surogacy would be good to add-a sort of motherhood/family planning folder that has everyone needs met. Adoption/surogacy applies to cf b/c these are more common situations in cf. I don't know. I'm happy with it the way it is b/c its fullfilling my preg needs. But if anyone feels this way, I'd love for them to speak up so we can hear your opinion.

Scarlett81

Jennifer1981

I like the pregnancy category. I think if it is changed to motherhood then you might have many mom's with CF children replying. Not that I don't want to hear from them, I would never say that. It's just that I love to hear of stories of inspiration from moms with CF. Which is what I would like to be. I think it is completely different to be a CF mom then it is to be a normal mom with a CF child. And yes, I love to hear from both groups - it's just different.

However, I do wish they would add a category regarding fostering/adoption. I think that would be a great asset. Many moms on this site have adopted. And some people were adopted. I personally would like to hear more about what they did, who they went through, and just the whole process in general. I believe that that would be more appealing than the pregnancy category as well.

Bottom line, Risa, I respect your suggestion to change the category name, but I don't really think that that will be too much more appealing anyway. Pregnancy is pregnancy. Many people are against it if you have CF. Heck, even if you are a carrier. Sugar coating it, I don't think, will matter. I would like to see an adoption/fostering category, though, because if I can't conceive that will be the route I will take.

Jennifer1981

I like the pregnancy category. I think if it is changed to motherhood then you might have many mom's with CF children replying. Not that I don't want to hear from them, I would never say that. It's just that I love to hear of stories of inspiration from moms with CF. Which is what I would like to be. I think it is completely different to be a CF mom then it is to be a normal mom with a CF child. And yes, I love to hear from both groups - it's just different.

However, I do wish they would add a category regarding fostering/adoption. I think that would be a great asset. Many moms on this site have adopted. And some people were adopted. I personally would like to hear more about what they did, who they went through, and just the whole process in general. I believe that that would be more appealing than the pregnancy category as well.

Bottom line, Risa, I respect your suggestion to change the category name, but I don't really think that that will be too much more appealing anyway. Pregnancy is pregnancy. Many people are against it if you have CF. Heck, even if you are a carrier. Sugar coating it, I don't think, will matter. I would like to see an adoption/fostering category, though, because if I can't conceive that will be the route I will take.

Jennifer1981

anonymous

I do agree with Jennifer. I never met to start another section. Too many sections already in my opinion. I thought of the title change so the moms can contribute to the pregnancy section but now that Jennifer brought up that point I say nevermind.

anonymous

I do agree with Jennifer. I never met to start another section. Too many sections already in my opinion. I thought of the title change so the moms can contribute to the pregnancy section but now that Jennifer brought up that point I say nevermind.

anonymous