MRSA and lungtransplant

Marjolein

That's my question really...
Would tx centers still transplant you when you were culturing mrsa?

Thanks in advance

Marjolein

Thanks in advance

Marjolein

Thanks in advance

Marjolein

Thanks in advance

Marjolein

<br />Would tx centers still transplant you when you were culturing mrsa?
<br />
<br />Thanks in advance

Ready2Dance

I culture mrsa and the Cleveland Clinic didn't even hesitate when I went up there for my eval. I'm not on the list yet, but it's for other reasons, not the fact that I'm mrsa+

I don't know about other centers though.

Ready2Dance

I culture mrsa and the Cleveland Clinic didn't even hesitate when I went up there for my eval. I'm not on the list yet, but it's for other reasons, not the fact that I'm mrsa+

Ready2Dance

Ready2Dance

Ready2Dance

<br />
<br />I don't know about other centers though.

Transplantmommy

I can't really answer your question Marjolein but I wanted to chime in and add to what Jen said. Cleveland Clinic will take risks with just about anything. I was their first double lung and liver and I feel great.

Transplantmommy

I can't really answer your question Marjolein but I wanted to chime in and add to what Jen said. Cleveland Clinic will take risks with just about anything. I was their first double lung and liver and I feel great.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

vmhoward

Garran was culturing MRSA when he was listed. He is clear of it now, but as we all know it always comes back. it is a constant battle. Hopefully it can stay gone when he gets new lungs, but it hasnt been a deterant for the tranplant process.

The only issue was when he had it in his line, and they had to take the line out. He had MRSA in the (port) line that cleared but then it got Candida, so they took it out, becuase that disqualified him (he had to be off the list for a week til he was clear of the fungus), because it would show in the blood at that point. They dont plan to put a new port in.

So No blood infections with MRSA or fungus and I guess you are good. Does that help?

vmhoward

Garran was culturing MRSA when he was listed. He is clear of it now, but as we all know it always comes back. it is a constant battle. Hopefully it can stay gone when he gets new lungs, but it hasnt been a deterant for the tranplant process.

The only issue was when he had it in his line, and they had to take the line out. He had MRSA in the (port) line that cleared but then it got Candida, so they took it out, becuase that disqualified him (he had to be off the list for a week til he was clear of the fungus), because it would show in the blood at that point. They dont plan to put a new port in.

So No blood infections with MRSA or fungus and I guess you are good. Does that help?

vmhoward

vmhoward

vmhoward

<br />
<br />The only issue was when he had it in his line, and they had to take the line out. He had MRSA in the (port) line that cleared but then it got Candida, so they took it out, becuase that disqualified him (he had to be off the list for a week til he was clear of the fungus), because it would show in the blood at that point. They dont plan to put a new port in.
<br />
<br />So No blood infections with MRSA or fungus and I guess you are good. Does that help?