Mucus plugs

What's the best way to get rid of these awful mucus plugs? I'm doing my vest twice a day, Hypertonic Saline, Pulmozyme and fixing to start Cayston. I'm also on Bactrim and Cipro.

Any tips on breathing better?

What's the best way to get rid of these awful mucus plugs? I'm doing my vest twice a day, Hypertonic Saline, Pulmozyme and fixing to start Cayston. I'm also on Bactrim and Cipro.

Any tips on breathing better?

<br />
<br />Any tips on breathing better?

Liza

It seems like you're pretty much doing it.

Here's a question though, about the vest... My girls never used it, tried, but felt they were being squeezed to death... Do you only do the vest sitting up or do you also lay on your sides, back and inclined? Or do they, the docs, not think that the laying down and inclined positions are important with the vest?

Anyhow, deep/active cycles of breathing (aka huff coughing) is an option. I am sure you are familiar with it. Thought I'd describe it then decided to just post a link. Hope this helps. This is what we were instructed on to use while we were stationed in Germany but used a Dutch CF clinic. The Dutch physiotherapist instructed my girls on how to do this and then followed up at each appointment and during hospitalizations. Anna' found this technique extremely helpful in the days following transplant.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/patientinformation/physiotherapy/active_cycle_of_breathing_techniques.htm
">http://www.northdevonhealth.nh...athing_techniques.htm
</a>
Hope this helps.

Liza

Here's a question though, about the vest... My girls never used it, tried, but felt they were being squeezed to death... Do you only do the vest sitting up or do you also lay on your sides, back and inclined? Or do they, the docs, not think that the laying down and inclined positions are important with the vest?

Anyhow, deep/active cycles of breathing (aka huff coughing) is an option. I am sure you are familiar with it. Thought I'd describe it then decided to just post a link. Hope this helps. This is what we were instructed on to use while we were stationed in Germany but used a Dutch CF clinic. The Dutch physiotherapist instructed my girls on how to do this and then followed up at each appointment and during hospitalizations. Anna' found this technique extremely helpful in the days following transplant.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/patientinformation/physiotherapy/active_cycle_of_breathing_techniques.htm
</a>
Hope this helps.

Liza

<br />
<br />Here's a question though, about the vest... My girls never used it, tried, but felt they were being squeezed to death... Do you only do the vest sitting up or do you also lay on your sides, back and inclined? Or do they, the docs, not think that the laying down and inclined positions are important with the vest?
<br />
<br />Anyhow, deep/active cycles of breathing (aka huff coughing) is an option. I am sure you are familiar with it. Thought I'd describe it then decided to just post a link. Hope this helps. This is what we were instructed on to use while we were stationed in Germany but used a Dutch CF clinic. The Dutch physiotherapist instructed my girls on how to do this and then followed up at each appointment and during hospitalizations. Anna' found this technique extremely helpful in the days following transplant.
<br />
<br /> <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/patientinformation/physiotherapy/active_cycle_of_breathing_techniques.htm
</a><br />
<br />Hope this helps.

W

welshwitch

Do you do any cardio? Running for me forces the stuff out. If you are able, I'd definitely recommend going 3x a week. As I'm forcing myself up a steep hill, sweating and huffing, I envision the mucus leaving my body through my pores. The next day I always feel fantastic!

W

welshwitch

Do you do any cardio? Running for me forces the stuff out. If you are able, I'd definitely recommend going 3x a week. As I'm forcing myself up a steep hill, sweating and huffing, I envision the mucus leaving my body through my pores. The next day I always feel fantastic!

W

welshwitch

Wow, thanks for these suggestions.

When I was younger and did CPT without my vest, I would lay down, but for some strange reason, it's never occured to me to lay down while doing my vest!! I always surf the internet (and this site lol)...

And I have started exercising. Trying to do it 3 times a week but gosh, by the time I get off work I am exhausted and just wanna go home. I've started off walking a mile on the treadmill. I hope to bump that up soon!

Thanks again!! I REALLY appreciate your inputs.

When I was younger and did CPT without my vest, I would lay down, but for some strange reason, it's never occured to me to lay down while doing my vest!! I always surf the internet (and this site lol)...

And I have started exercising. Trying to do it 3 times a week but gosh, by the time I get off work I am exhausted and just wanna go home. I've started off walking a mile on the treadmill. I hope to bump that up soon!

Thanks again!! I REALLY appreciate your inputs.

<br />
<br />When I was younger and did CPT without my vest, I would lay down, but for some strange reason, it's never occured to me to lay down while doing my vest!! I always surf the internet (and this site lol)...
<br />
<br />And I have started exercising. Trying to do it 3 times a week but gosh, by the time I get off work I am exhausted and just wanna go home. I've started off walking a mile on the treadmill. I hope to bump that up soon!
<br />
<br />Thanks again!! I REALLY appreciate your inputs.