Mucus plugs

crickit715

my daughter has been coughing only through the night and in early morning (this is new to her). her doc said she is trying to expel mucus plugs. she will be 2 the end of this month and i need suggestions on how to help her "get them out". her lungs seem very irritated (i assume from the dry air indoors and cold air outside) and the cough is very quick and forceful, but not productive. any help would be appreciated, were both losing sleep!!! (((yawn))) thanks.

crickit715

my daughter has been coughing only through the night and in early morning (this is new to her). her doc said she is trying to expel mucus plugs. she will be 2 the end of this month and i need suggestions on how to help her "get them out". her lungs seem very irritated (i assume from the dry air indoors and cold air outside) and the cough is very quick and forceful, but not productive. any help would be appreciated, were both losing sleep!!! (((yawn))) thanks.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

folione

Hypertonic saline was the single most useful addition to my son's treatment - it immediately made a difference in the motility of his mucus. It took quite a while for us to convince the Dr. to prescribe it because she felt like pulmozyme was better. not so. We've also run steam humidifiers in the bedroom when the air has been really dry in winters - we disinfect it daily and it has a filter and UV system that we hope takes care of the bacteria concerns.

folione

Hypertonic saline was the single most useful addition to my son's treatment - it immediately made a difference in the motility of his mucus. It took quite a while for us to convince the Dr. to prescribe it because she felt like pulmozyme was better. not so. We've also run steam humidifiers in the bedroom when the air has been really dry in winters - we disinfect it daily and it has a filter and UV system that we hope takes care of the bacteria concerns.

folione

folione

folione

crickit715

im trying to enroll my daughter in the hts research trial now but am postponed until january because she had to go on an antibiotic. the doc said that even if she is inhaling the isotonic saline it is better than none at all.

crickit715

im trying to enroll my daughter in the hts research trial now but am postponed until january because she had to go on an antibiotic. the doc said that even if she is inhaling the isotonic saline it is better than none at all.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

pipersmom

Just a quick note that Pulmozyme and hypertonic aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, my dd does both on a daily basis. That being said, the hypertonic does really encourage her cough, I love it. (She hates it, lol.)

Amanda
Mom to Piper 8yowcf ddf508

pipersmom

Just a quick note that Pulmozyme and hypertonic aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, my dd does both on a daily basis. That being said, the hypertonic does really encourage her cough, I love it. (She hates it, lol.)

Amanda

pipersmom

Amanda

pipersmom

Amanda

pipersmom

<br />
<br />Amanda
<br />Mom to Piper 8yowcf ddf508