Mucus plugs

grammakaky

I noticed that all of you speak highly of hypertonic. I will second that also. It does encourage my granddaughter to cough, which helps and clears. I also noticed that it very helpful for the d508; which seems to be the mutation with this group. My grandaughter is also DD508.

grammakaky

I noticed that all of you speak highly of hypertonic. I will second that also. It does encourage my granddaughter to cough, which helps and clears. I also noticed that it very helpful for the d508; which seems to be the mutation with this group. My grandaughter is also DD508.

grammakaky

grammakaky

grammakaky

T

TonyaH

Hypertonic is wonderful. It helps Andrew so much!

But HTS, pulmozyme, and therapy are most helpful when you can huff afterward. By huffing I mean deep breathing to expel whatever is deep down in the lungs. When Andrew was little I used to make pretend birthday cakes with real candles and move them far enough away that he really had to huff to blow them out. It is this force that moves the sputum up and out. The HTS simply lubricates everything to make the trip up easier and faster.

T

TonyaH

But HTS, pulmozyme, and therapy are most helpful when you can huff afterward. By huffing I mean deep breathing to expel whatever is deep down in the lungs. When Andrew was little I used to make pretend birthday cakes with real candles and move them far enough away that he really had to huff to blow them out. It is this force that moves the sputum up and out. The HTS simply lubricates everything to make the trip up easier and faster.

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

<br />
<br />But HTS, pulmozyme, and therapy are most helpful when you can huff afterward. By huffing I mean deep breathing to expel whatever is deep down in the lungs. When Andrew was little I used to make pretend birthday cakes with real candles and move them far enough away that he really had to huff to blow them out. It is this force that moves the sputum up and out. The HTS simply lubricates everything to make the trip up easier and faster.

crickit715

thanks for all of your responces, im keeping my fingers crossed that she will qualify for enrollment in the hts trial (she is on antibiotics for 4 weeks now)....and praying that she will get hts.

crickit715

thanks for all of your responces, im keeping my fingers crossed that she will qualify for enrollment in the hts trial (she is on antibiotics for 4 weeks now)....and praying that she will get hts.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

RebekahsMom

Bek also does the hypertonic, and she also hates it because it really irritates her throat. She also does the pulmozyme in addition to her albuterol. Lately though, we've been doing something else that really seems to help her get the stuff moving up and out. When she starts coughing really hard, she comes to me and gets on her hands and knees. I pick her feet up and she does her coughing upside down. At first it was a game, but she realized it helps her move things out. For her, gravity helps.

RebekahsMom

Bek also does the hypertonic, and she also hates it because it really irritates her throat. She also does the pulmozyme in addition to her albuterol. Lately though, we've been doing something else that really seems to help her get the stuff moving up and out. When she starts coughing really hard, she comes to me and gets on her hands and knees. I pick her feet up and she does her coughing upside down. At first it was a game, but she realized it helps her move things out. For her, gravity helps.

RebekahsMom

RebekahsMom

RebekahsMom