Mucus Plugs

idajune

Seems to be a lot of questions about pain lately, I was wondering if people experience pain with mucus plugs. I have been in ridiculous pain for the last four days, every time I do my vest and cough its like being stabbed. I went for an xray today and nothing. I am on Cipro and TOBI for the past week, switching Friday to Tobramycin and Ceftazadime. I have been coughing crap up left and right. I am starting to tire of it.

Anyway my xray did show some mucus plugs, just curious if this could be a thought. I also have alot of scar tissue in that area from surgery and about six chest tubes over the last 8 years. I am wondering if that might be pulling. UGH.

Happy New Year all!

idajune

Seems to be a lot of questions about pain lately, I was wondering if people experience pain with mucus plugs. I have been in ridiculous pain for the last four days, every time I do my vest and cough its like being stabbed. I went for an xray today and nothing. I am on Cipro and TOBI for the past week, switching Friday to Tobramycin and Ceftazadime. I have been coughing crap up left and right. I am starting to tire of it.

Anyway my xray did show some mucus plugs, just curious if this could be a thought. I also have alot of scar tissue in that area from surgery and about six chest tubes over the last 8 years. I am wondering if that might be pulling. UGH.

Happy New Year all!

idajune

Happy New Year all!

idajune

Happy New Year all!

idajune

Happy New Year all!

amysmom

My daughter, Amy (26) has had pain from mucus plugs.

We've started doing a little extra manual postural drainage in addition to her regular routine using the vest when she has a plug.

It's amazing how well it's worked. It's been at least 12 years that she has only used the vest and we didn't think the old postural drainage was good for anything.

amysmom

We've started doing a little extra manual postural drainage in addition to her regular routine using the vest when she has a plug.

It's amazing how well it's worked. It's been at least 12 years that she has only used the vest and we didn't think the old postural drainage was good for anything.

amysmom

amysmom

amysmom

Ricky123

sorry to hear your in so much pain.Sometimes people like you who have cf bad put it into context how life can be so painful for some and yet relatively mild for others.I for one have cf okay lung function fev1 75 and havent suffered to the extent you have with lungs(only stomach).To go through what you have to every day is a right old bollox and i sincerly hope things improve in the battle against this disease and ya suffering is eased somewhat

all the best

Ricky123

sorry to hear your in so much pain.Sometimes people like you who have cf bad put it into context how life can be so painful for some and yet relatively mild for others.I for one have cf okay lung function fev1 75 and havent suffered to the extent you have with lungs(only stomach).To go through what you have to every day is a right old bollox and i sincerly hope things improve in the battle against this disease and ya suffering is eased somewhat

all the best

Ricky123

all the best

Ricky123

all the best

Ricky123

all the best