My Alex

heatherbrown

I just lost my CF son in an accidental shooting.
I can't put into words yet, how I feel.
I miss him intensely and endlessly.

I am here today mostly to find out what I should do with all his unopened bottles of Pancreaze. The doctor at his clinic said I can't just throw them way and will have to find some place in Independence, MO. that will dispose of them for me.
It just seems so wasteful to throw away something that could help another CF patient.
Does anyone have suggestions on who to call about disposing of these pills?

HB

stylecomfy

Dear Heather, we are so very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

I'm not familiar with the disposal/donation regulations in the United States as I live elsewhere, but I'm hoping someone else from the community can provide input.
One idea perhaps is to reach out to some of the organizations helping out CF families that are victims of the hurricanes e.g.
http://www.gunnaresiason.com/please-help-cystic-fibrosis-families-impacted-hurricane-harvey/
http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/sh...edically-complex-impacted-by-Hurricane-Harvey
Perhaps there is someone in need who could use these.

If not possible, I hope someone can advise on how to dispose of them.

Golubicc

Deepest condolences on your loss. People in the hurricane areas are collecting CF supplies and medications. Maybe contact a cf center in Houston and they could put you in contact with someone. Hugs

Lynnfield mom

I am so sorry

I just lost my CF son in an accidental shooting.
I can't put into words yet, how I feel.
I miss him intensely and endlessly.

I am here today mostly to find out what I should do with all his unopened bottles of Pancreaze. The doctor at his clinic said I can't just throw them way and will have to find some place in Independence, MO. that will dispose of them for me.
It just seems so wasteful to throw away something that could help another CF patient.
Does anyone have suggestions on who to call about disposing of these pills?

HB

Heather, I cannot imagine your grief. I am so sorry for your loss.

About Alex's meds...the only thing that needs really special attention is any controlled substance like certain pain meds or certain ADHD meds, etc - bundle these up and take them back to the pharmacy. Explain to the pharmacy that your son has passed away.
All the other meds that are not controlled substances, such as the enzymes, can also be returned to the pharmacy or taken to his CF Clinic or sent to a donation site. Be sure to scratch out all personal information to make it unreadable. If doing this is more than you can do right now (which would be completely understandable!!!) Dump the meds all into a plastic bag, mix it with something like used coffee grounds or dirt. Seal it up and discard it into the household trash.
I hope this is helpful, and again I am so very sorry for your loss.

Blessings and peace be with you.