My daughter Samantha

dragonlady

My daughter was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday of this week and maybe getting out this Monday with her PICC line.

I had taken her into clinc when she all of a sudden got a really bad cough and a sore throat for about a week.

Let me tell you how my daughter ended up here.
We were sitting at the dinner table and she made a comment about her hoarse voice sounding like her teachers. I was like what do you mean your teacher is sick? My daughter told me that she had told the class that she had strep throat. She also told me that the teacher came near her several times and was at school the whole week.

I called the school and talked to the nurse. I told her about what my daughter had told me and that she was now sick. The nurse said she would talk to the teacher and call me back.

When she called me back she told me the teacher only had laryngitis and that it shouldn't be contagious. I was pretty much pissed off at this point. But she made me even more upset when she told me that teachers only have so many sick days and can't take off a day everytime they have a little cold. Well neither do I, and if the kids have to go home when they are sick so should the teachers. Plus you are calling my daughter a lier.

Well look who's lying now, my daughter's perliminary test results of her throat culture are coming up with a strep bateria. This has cost me about a week at home dealing with her being sick, now a week in the hospital and then two weeks of IV antibiotics at home.

I'm thinking of asking for a doctor's note from the teachers doctor stating she has taken a course of antibiotics or that she really did only have larygitis. What is everyone's thought?

dragonlady

My daughter was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday of this week and maybe getting out this Monday with her PICC line.

I had taken her into clinc when she all of a sudden got a really bad cough and a sore throat for about a week.

We were sitting at the dinner table and she made a comment about her hoarse voice sounding like her teachers. I was like what do you mean your teacher is sick? My daughter told me that she had told the class that she had strep throat. She also told me that the teacher came near her several times and was at school the whole week.

I called the school and talked to the nurse. I told her about what my daughter had told me and that she was now sick. The nurse said she would talk to the teacher and call me back.

When she called me back she told me the teacher only had laryngitis and that it shouldn't be contagious. I was pretty much pissed off at this point. But she made me even more upset when she told me that teachers only have so many sick days and can't take off a day everytime they have a little cold. Well neither do I, and if the kids have to go home when they are sick so should the teachers. Plus you are calling my daughter a lier.

Well look who's lying now, my daughter's perliminary test results of her throat culture are coming up with a strep bateria. This has cost me about a week at home dealing with her being sick, now a week in the hospital and then two weeks of IV antibiotics at home.

I'm thinking of asking for a doctor's note from the teachers doctor stating she has taken a course of antibiotics or that she really did only have larygitis. What is everyone's thought?

dragonlady

dragonlady

dragonlady

<br />
<br />I had taken her into clinc when she all of a sudden got a really bad cough and a sore throat for about a week.
<br />
<br />Let me tell you how my daughter ended up here.
<br />We were sitting at the dinner table and she made a comment about her hoarse voice sounding like her teachers. I was like what do you mean your teacher is sick? My daughter told me that she had told the class that she had strep throat. She also told me that the teacher came near her several times and was at school the whole week.
<br />
<br />I called the school and talked to the nurse. I told her about what my daughter had told me and that she was now sick. The nurse said she would talk to the teacher and call me back.
<br />
<br />When she called me back she told me the teacher only had laryngitis and that it shouldn't be contagious. I was pretty much pissed off at this point. But she made me even more upset when she told me that teachers only have so many sick days and can't take off a day everytime they have a little cold. Well neither do I, and if the kids have to go home when they are sick so should the teachers. Plus you are calling my daughter a lier.
<br />
<br />Well look who's lying now, my daughter's perliminary test results of her throat culture are coming up with a strep bateria. This has cost me about a week at home dealing with her being sick, now a week in the hospital and then two weeks of IV antibiotics at home.
<br />
<br />I'm thinking of asking for a doctor's note from the teachers doctor stating she has taken a course of antibiotics or that she really did only have larygitis. What is everyone's thought?

Landy

My thoughts are that anytime your kids are in school, they will catch colds, etc. and there is no way to prove it was specifically from the teacher.
When I was young, and in school, I used to get a heck of a cold, it seemed like, every spring & again in fall. I most likely got it from fellow classmates.

Sorry I probably wasn't much help.

I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Landy

My thoughts are that anytime your kids are in school, they will catch colds, etc. and there is no way to prove it was specifically from the teacher.
When I was young, and in school, I used to get a heck of a cold, it seemed like, every spring & again in fall. I most likely got it from fellow classmates.

Landy

Landy

Landy

<br />When I was young, and in school, I used to get a heck of a cold, it seemed like, every spring & again in fall. I most likely got it from fellow classmates.
<br />
<br />Sorry I probably wasn't much help.
<br />
<br />I hope your daughter is feeling better.

dragonlady

Thanks, I think I was upset at the fact that I feel so hopeless when my daughter gets sick. I know there is really no way of proving anything, and it's to late to change anything either.

She's being released tomorrow afternoon! It's going to be hard coordinating meds, homeschool tutor to help catch up with school work and then my job.

dragonlady

Thanks, I think I was upset at the fact that I feel so hopeless when my daughter gets sick. I know there is really no way of proving anything, and it's to late to change anything either.

She's being released tomorrow afternoon! It's going to be hard coordinating meds, homeschool tutor to help catch up with school work and then my job.

dragonlady

dragonlady

dragonlady

<br />
<br />She's being released tomorrow afternoon! It's going to be hard coordinating meds, homeschool tutor to help catch up with school work and then my job.

stephsumner

Common sence should tell people that when you're sick you should stay away from other people... Or at the very least take some common sence precautions like wearing a mask if you are going to be around people in your normal day to day. I can understand not wanting to miss work, I get it. But risking giving something to someone else, that's just a little reckless.

stephsumner

Common sence should tell people that when you're sick you should stay away from other people... Or at the very least take some common sence precautions like wearing a mask if you are going to be around people in your normal day to day. I can understand not wanting to miss work, I get it. But risking giving something to someone else, that's just a little reckless.

stephsumner

stephsumner

stephsumner