My daughter Samantha

sAmmie0607

Hi my name is Samantha and i would just like to say thank you to the people who where supportive about this,I also believe the teacher should have maybe found an alternative way to teach me,like sending me out of her class and into another teacher's classroom because I am in middle school and this is what many of my teachers do when they are sick or not feeling well instead of being around me in the class 24/7 for a full week,and i know I am going to get sick and go to the hospital and what not but this hospital visit could have been prevented,and if you are as hyper as i am you do not like to sit in a room for a week or more on isolation with nothing to do but stare at the TV for hours.

sAmmie0607

Hi my name is Samantha and i would just like to say thank you to the people who where supportive about this,I also believe the teacher should have maybe found an alternative way to teach me,like sending me out of her class and into another teacher's classroom because I am in middle school and this is what many of my teachers do when they are sick or not feeling well instead of being around me in the class 24/7 for a full week,and i know I am going to get sick and go to the hospital and what not but this hospital visit could have been prevented,and if you are as hyper as i am you do not like to sit in a room for a week or more on isolation with nothing to do but stare at the TV for hours.

Printer

Dragonlady:

There is a thread in the TEEN SECTION, and I believe it is called "teasing hurts". Hurts is the 2nd word in the title anyway. I think I understand your being protective of your DD but it might be good for you to take a few minutes to read through this thread.

Bill

Printer

Dragonlady:

There is a thread in the TEEN SECTION, and I believe it is called "teasing hurts". Hurts is the 2nd word in the title anyway. I think I understand your being protective of your DD but it might be good for you to take a few minutes to read through this thread.

Bill

helen01

I have Cf and I am also a mother so I can see it from both your point of view and your daughter's. I can fully understand how upset you are and why. The teacher should have informed you of her illness and you could have decided what to do with this information. She should have given you the choice to take your daughter out of school for a few days or she could have at least stayed well away from your daughter. I understand what people are saying on here that when you're out in the world you can't really control what you pick up but surely that's all the more reason when we can have some control over what we pick up we should use it. Like in this situation. Your daughter catching this strep throat and all the secondary infections that go with it when you have cf was completely avoidable had the teacher informed you of what she had.

You are right to feel annoyed, I would be too. Happens with my in laws all the time. They don't tell me when they're sick because they want to see my son. But as a result I pick up the cold which leads to sinus infection which leads to chest and ultimately I.vs. Happens all the time and upsets me because like this situation its infections that are totally avoidable.

You just want what's best for your daughter :)

helen01

I have Cf and I am also a mother so I can see it from both your point of view and your daughter's. I can fully understand how upset you are and why. The teacher should have informed you of her illness and you could have decided what to do with this information. She should have given you the choice to take your daughter out of school for a few days or she could have at least stayed well away from your daughter. I understand what people are saying on here that when you're out in the world you can't really control what you pick up but surely that's all the more reason when we can have some control over what we pick up we should use it. Like in this situation. Your daughter catching this strep throat and all the secondary infections that go with it when you have cf was completely avoidable had the teacher informed you of what she had.

You are right to feel annoyed, I would be too. Happens with my in laws all the time. They don't tell me when they're sick because they want to see my son. But as a result I pick up the cold which leads to sinus infection which leads to chest and ultimately I.vs. Happens all the time and upsets me because like this situation its infections that are totally avoidable.

You just want what's best for your daughter :)

dragonlady

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> Dragonlady: There is a thread in the TEEN SECTION, and I believe it is called "teasing hurts". Hurts is the 2nd word in the title anyway. I think I understand your being protective of your DD but it might be good for you to take a few minutes to read through this thread. Bill</end quote>

Is this your way ofgetting me to read your response to a child calling attention to one's self in school and that being the root of all of the bullying a child experiences in school? Are you serious? Most children are bullied by someone seeking the attention, not the other way around.
?
?In elementary school, my daughter never discussed her disease with anyone. However, having a 504 plan required that her teacher be informed of her disease for the classroom needs and requirements. The teacher discussed her disease with another teacher in the same grade and both educated grown woman decided to bully my child, and allow other children to do the same in class. The girl that bullied my child did so because she did it to everyone else and had targeted my daughter that year. The school had several reports on the same child bullying children since third grade. I heard her mother beat her several times, and verbally abused her frequently. Having to confront her mother in the neighborhood about the bullying, left me to assume the rumors were true.
?
?
Just this year in seventh grade, she has decided to tell close friends, and some random people. Some rumors spread of her dying, or dying of cancer. She did lose a couple of friends, however gained some really close relationships.The rumors dropped fast, and nothing else has been said.The only time it seems she is picked on now, is because fat "Timmy" can't get her attention any other way then to pick on her. So our only problem are hormonal boys, and catty girls that don't like the fact that the one boy they like, like her instead. Typical middle and high school drama. Half the kids that go to this school were from another elementary school, so carrots and potato chips don't apply. The school doesn't have strict food restrictions either. These kids are more worried about getting a girlfriend/boyfriend and what they are going to wear to the mall on the weekend then calling her out for being sick.

dragonlady

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> Dragonlady: There is a thread in the TEEN SECTION, and I believe it is called "teasing hurts". Hurts is the 2nd word in the title anyway. I think I understand your being protective of your DD but it might be good for you to take a few minutes to read through this thread. Bill</end quote>

Is this your way ofgetting me to read your response to a child calling attention to one's self in school and that being the root of all of the bullying a child experiences in school? Are you serious? Most children are bullied by someone seeking the attention, not the other way around.
?
?In elementary school, my daughter never discussed her disease with anyone. However, having a 504 plan required that her teacher be informed of her disease for the classroom needs and requirements. The teacher discussed her disease with another teacher in the same grade and both educated grown woman decided to bully my child, and allow other children to do the same in class. The girl that bullied my child did so because she did it to everyone else and had targeted my daughter that year. The school had several reports on the same child bullying children since third grade. I heard her mother beat her several times, and verbally abused her frequently. Having to confront her mother in the neighborhood about the bullying, left me to assume the rumors were true.
?
?
Just this year in seventh grade, she has decided to tell close friends, and some random people. Some rumors spread of her dying, or dying of cancer. She did lose a couple of friends, however gained some really close relationships.The rumors dropped fast, and nothing else has been said.The only time it seems she is picked on now, is because fat "Timmy" can't get her attention any other way then to pick on her. So our only problem are hormonal boys, and catty girls that don't like the fact that the one boy they like, like her instead. Typical middle and high school drama. Half the kids that go to this school were from another elementary school, so carrots and potato chips don't apply. The school doesn't have strict food restrictions either. These kids are more worried about getting a girlfriend/boyfriend and what they are going to wear to the mall on the weekend then calling her out for being sick.

cgerhardt

Dragonlady

I feel the same way we are going through the same thing right now. My 4 yr old just spent a week in the hospital and came home with her first picc. Parents in her class sent their childern to school sick with the stomachbug. She had a respitory infection on top of not being able to keep anything in her stomach.When she was admitted her blood sugar was 40 heart rate 170and her pulse ox was down to 92 and she is usually 100. It is going to be very hard not to say something to them at the bus stop, a couple of missed days of work for them but a hosptal stay for my child and home ivs. I do understand kids are going to get sick but the people who send theirs to school knowing they are sick burns me up.

cgerhardt

Dragonlady

I feel the same way we are going through the same thing right now. My 4 yr old just spent a week in the hospital and came home with her first picc. Parents in her class sent their childern to school sick with the stomachbug. She had a respitory infection on top of not being able to keep anything in her stomach.When she was admitted her blood sugar was 40 heart rate 170and her pulse ox was down to 92 and she is usually 100. It is going to be very hard not to say something to them at the bus stop, a couple of missed days of work for them but a hosptal stay for my child and home ivs. I do understand kids are going to get sick but the people who send theirs to school knowing they are sick burns me up.

dragonlady

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cgerhardt</b></i> Dragonlady I feel the same way we are going through the same thing right now. My 4 yr old just spent a week in the hospital and came home with her first picc. Parents in her class sent their childern to school sick with the stomachbug. She had a respitory infection on top of not being able to keep anything in her stomach.When she was admitted her blood sugar was 40 heart rate 170and her pulse ox was down to 92 and she is usually 100. It is going to be very hard not to say something to them at the bus stop, a couple of missed days of work for them but a hosptal stay for my child and home ivs. I do understand kids are going to get sick but the people who send theirs to school knowing they are sick burns me up.</end quote>
Sorry to hear about your daughter being sick, I hope she gets better soon! I came from a home growing up, that we never missed school or work, for any reason. One time I went to school for three weeks with pneumonia, until my parents got tired of hearing me cough at night, keeping them awake. By the third week I finally went to see a doctor and found out I was minutes from being admitted and had walking pneumonia. They both still live this way, never missing any work. I hate it, the world is not going to end and you have sick time. If you are contagious then you should be at home. At my work it's a practiced policy, contagious and you will be send home or should have been home to begin with. Hang in there, elementary school sucks for CF. Kids going to school wiping there runny nose on their sleeves, coughing without covering their mouths, and practically vomiting on themselves. Gives me goose bumps thinking about. Luckily we are in middle school, kids practice somewhat better hygiene and most of them try and stay home even if they feel well, bonus! Plus she knows better to stay away from someone sick and teachers stay away from her if they are sick.

dragonlady

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cgerhardt</b></i> Dragonlady I feel the same way we are going through the same thing right now. My 4 yr old just spent a week in the hospital and came home with her first picc. Parents in her class sent their childern to school sick with the stomachbug. She had a respitory infection on top of not being able to keep anything in her stomach.When she was admitted her blood sugar was 40 heart rate 170and her pulse ox was down to 92 and she is usually 100. It is going to be very hard not to say something to them at the bus stop, a couple of missed days of work for them but a hosptal stay for my child and home ivs. I do understand kids are going to get sick but the people who send theirs to school knowing they are sick burns me up.</end quote>
Sorry to hear about your daughter being sick, I hope she gets better soon! I came from a home growing up, that we never missed school or work, for any reason. One time I went to school for three weeks with pneumonia, until my parents got tired of hearing me cough at night, keeping them awake. By the third week I finally went to see a doctor and found out I was minutes from being admitted and had walking pneumonia. They both still live this way, never missing any work. I hate it, the world is not going to end and you have sick time. If you are contagious then you should be at home. At my work it's a practiced policy, contagious and you will be send home or should have been home to begin with. Hang in there, elementary school sucks for CF. Kids going to school wiping there runny nose on their sleeves, coughing without covering their mouths, and practically vomiting on themselves. Gives me goose bumps thinking about. Luckily we are in middle school, kids practice somewhat better hygiene and most of them try and stay home even if they feel well, bonus! Plus she knows better to stay away from someone sick and teachers stay away from her if they are sick.

Helas

I am really sad to hear about your daughter. May God bless her and she lives long his life. Get well soon Samantha. You will see many mornings of your life and then get married with someone special. Then you have your own kids. They will call you mama, mama, mama.