My evaluation?

Skye

I forgot to add one last thing. The tx surgeon said something that was very valuable. He said you NEVER tx a CF patient for fear of what MIGHT happen. Meaning you don't tx someone when they are too well because you are afraid they might get a severe pneumonia next month. He said that is just not the way to do things. There is no way a doctor can make a prediction like that. It sounds like you may be fearing what might happen and that is natural but concentrate on the good right now and try to stay TOO well. It's a good thing.

Skye

I forgot to add one last thing. The tx surgeon said something that was very valuable. He said you NEVER tx a CF patient for fear of what MIGHT happen. Meaning you don't tx someone when they are too well because you are afraid they might get a severe pneumonia next month. He said that is just not the way to do things. There is no way a doctor can make a prediction like that. It sounds like you may be fearing what might happen and that is natural but concentrate on the good right now and try to stay TOO well. It's a good thing.

Skye

Skye

Skye

CountryGirl

I was listed with my PFTs in the low 30's, after I had been on antibiotics for a couple of weeks without improving. I was in the mid 20s when the IV antibiotics werent working. I think they realized that going into the hospital for two weeks to a month every couple of weeks wasnt a good way of life.

Usually you can have the information from the first evaluation sent to the new center and then if they need anything extra, they'll just do that. I think the tests usually last for about 3-6 months before you have to get them done over. I didnt have to do anything extra when I went back to Stanford a couple months after my initial eval.

CountryGirl

I was listed with my PFTs in the low 30's, after I had been on antibiotics for a couple of weeks without improving. I was in the mid 20s when the IV antibiotics werent working. I think they realized that going into the hospital for two weeks to a month every couple of weeks wasnt a good way of life.

Usually you can have the information from the first evaluation sent to the new center and then if they need anything extra, they'll just do that. I think the tests usually last for about 3-6 months before you have to get them done over. I didnt have to do anything extra when I went back to Stanford a couple months after my initial eval.

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl