My hubby in hospital/massive hemoptysis

I only have 5 minutes to post this, as the computer center for families at the hospital closes at 6 pm!

My husband, Chris, was hospitalized on Friday, July 13th in Phoneix AZ because he started coughing up 'massive' amounts of fresh blood very unexpectedly that Friday afternoon. We were trying to spend a 3 day weekend away in Sedona, AZ to celebrate our 8 year wedding anniversary, but only 1 hour after checking into the hotel, he started to cough up all the blood and we immediately headed to the nearest major medical center - Phoenix, AZ. Although we live in Tucson (about 1 hr. 45 min. south of Phoenix) we came to the Phoenix CF center because it was closer and larger.

They did 2 separate embolizations, one on 7/13 and one on 7/15 because the first one didn't work. He was in ICU for 7 nights and was moved to a regular room just last Friday.

Despite the bleeding being under control, he still has not improved and his pain level is still high. Of course he has lost weight (he had none to lose!) and it just kills me, as always, to see such a perfect man suffer so. We have had 2 other episodes in April 06 and August 06 of 'massive' hemoptysis, so we pray that he bounces back this time as the others.

Thank you so much for your good thoughts & prayers.

Liz

I only have 5 minutes to post this, as the computer center for families at the hospital closes at 6 pm!

My husband, Chris, was hospitalized on Friday, July 13th in Phoneix AZ because he started coughing up 'massive' amounts of fresh blood very unexpectedly that Friday afternoon. We were trying to spend a 3 day weekend away in Sedona, AZ to celebrate our 8 year wedding anniversary, but only 1 hour after checking into the hotel, he started to cough up all the blood and we immediately headed to the nearest major medical center - Phoenix, AZ. Although we live in Tucson (about 1 hr. 45 min. south of Phoenix) we came to the Phoenix CF center because it was closer and larger.

They did 2 separate embolizations, one on 7/13 and one on 7/15 because the first one didn't work. He was in ICU for 7 nights and was moved to a regular room just last Friday.

Despite the bleeding being under control, he still has not improved and his pain level is still high. Of course he has lost weight (he had none to lose!) and it just kills me, as always, to see such a perfect man suffer so. We have had 2 other episodes in April 06 and August 06 of 'massive' hemoptysis, so we pray that he bounces back this time as the others.

Liz

Liz

Liz

Liz

cfcndlelady

Liz,

I just wanted to let you know I will say a prayer for Chris. It is definately scary when you cough up fresh blood. I hope he gets some relief soon!!! Keeping you both in my prayers..him to gain weight and the pain to stop, and for you to have strength to help him through this.

Hugs,
Caren 35 w/CF

cfcndlelady

Liz,

I just wanted to let you know I will say a prayer for Chris. It is definately scary when you cough up fresh blood. I hope he gets some relief soon!!! Keeping you both in my prayers..him to gain weight and the pain to stop, and for you to have strength to help him through this.

Hugs,
Caren 35 w/CF

cfcndlelady

Liz,

Hugs,
Caren 35 w/CF

cfcndlelady

Liz,

Hugs,
Caren 35 w/CF

cfcndlelady

Liz,

Hugs,
Caren 35 w/CF

kayleesgrandma

Liz, I am so sorry. How scared you must be, and so emotionally and physically drained! I'm sorry your anniversary turned out like this!!! You will have to have another one when he is better! I'm praying for you and him, hoping that things will be better...

kayleesgrandma

Liz, I am so sorry. How scared you must be, and so emotionally and physically drained! I'm sorry your anniversary turned out like this!!! You will have to have another one when he is better! I'm praying for you and him, hoping that things will be better...

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

Diane

Dam, i hate to hear this type of thing. I've had 3 embolizations myself ,so i know how scared he must be. I can also imagine you are just as scared. I will pray that he does very well after this and bounces right back. Sometimes the first embolization doesnt always work since the blood will find other areas to go to and some of them may be weak and break. My doctor( at the time it happened to me) called this the "after shock" . (((((((HUGGS to both of you)))))))

Diane

Dam, i hate to hear this type of thing. I've had 3 embolizations myself ,so i know how scared he must be. I can also imagine you are just as scared. I will pray that he does very well after this and bounces right back. Sometimes the first embolization doesnt always work since the blood will find other areas to go to and some of them may be weak and break. My doctor( at the time it happened to me) called this the "after shock" . (((((((HUGGS to both of you)))))))

Diane

Diane

Diane