My Husband has a vas defrens!

Pebbles8

My husband finally had his genotype done a few months ago at age 23 and it ended up being double deltaf508. We were thinking that since he doesn't need enzymes and wasn't diagnosed until age 11 maybe he had a less serious mutation and we wouldn't necessarily not be able to have children without IVF (IVF is not an option for us for religious reasons). But then once we found out he was homozygous deltaf508, we didn't have much hope for children. But we just went to the urologist and the urologist couldn't find the right vas defrens but he did find the left! So, although maybe there will still be problems and I am getting my hopes up for nothing, this is very very exciting! I had accepted the idea of not having children and being able to have children would seem too amazing to be true.

Pebbles8

My husband finally had his genotype done a few months ago at age 23 and it ended up being double deltaf508. We were thinking that since he doesn't need enzymes and wasn't diagnosed until age 11 maybe he had a less serious mutation and we wouldn't necessarily not be able to have children without IVF (IVF is not an option for us for religious reasons). But then once we found out he was homozygous deltaf508, we didn't have much hope for children. But we just went to the urologist and the urologist couldn't find the right vas defrens but he did find the left! So, although maybe there will still be problems and I am getting my hopes up for nothing, this is very very exciting! I had accepted the idea of not having children and being able to have children would seem too amazing to be true.

Pebbles8

Pebbles8

Pebbles8