My son's father tells him he DOES NOT HAVE CF!

zaj1139

<P>When my grandson was dx his daddy sat right there and said " there is no way he got it from me i tested negative". Well the pediatrician made a mistake in telliing us he was negative. Our Case Worker told him not only does he have the mutation she will find it. At our first clinic visit we were told he had not one but two!</P>
<P>He is not married to my dtr and seldom see's his son, he has never been to a clinic visit after his first initial hospitalzation a year and a half ago. He never asks what happens at his visits and never contributes to his life. (My husband and I spent over $10,000.00 in attorney's fees to secure child support but he still doesnt pay).</P>
<P>I guess what I'm trying to say is I FEEL your fustrations. There is nothing like having a sick child that others THINK may or not be sick but are the first to be telling you what to do how to act and where to go. Having a bum for the Dad does NOT help these matters at all. Especially when they won't take the time to speak with one physician but raise hell anytime they do see Jaden that my dtr is an unfit parent. </P>
<P>If I was you I would let him take you to court to get medical information or let him call the appointment lines himself. Perhaps forcing him legally to get tested. (As far as I know it takes two to make a CF baby). Or changing visitation since there is a change in circumstances. </P>
<P>Probably not helping but just reading your blog got my blood boiling, good luck, take care and God Bless!</P>
<P></P>

SunnyK

I have no advice really either but I will keep you and your son in my prayers! Stay strong in your fight for you son's well-being!!

SunnyK

I have no advice really either but I will keep you and your son in my prayers! Stay strong in your fight for you son's well-being!!

SunnyK

Fran

<P> </P>
<P>The original poster said that her son has not identified genes, so testing of his parents would not find them either.</P>

Fran

<P></P>
<P>The original poster said that her son has not identified genes, so testing of his parents would not find them either.</P>

Fran

<P></P>

posoutlook

<P>yes I was told that testing me would not be helpful however they did want to test his father since he has alot of the symptoms his whole life,but unfortanetly I can not make him take the test. He won't even agree to a sweat test.</P>

posoutlook

<P>yes I was told that testing me would not be helpful however they did want to test his father since he has alot of the symptoms his whole life,but unfortanetly I can not make him take the test. He won't even agree to a sweat test.</P>

posoutlook

<P><BR>yes I was told that testing me would not be helpful however they did want to test his father since he has alot of the symptoms his whole life,but unfortanetly I can not make him take the test. He won't even agree to a sweat test.</P>

posoutlook

I would get tested in a minute if they wanted me to. I am still learning about all of this but from what I understand is that if my ex hasCF then I would not have to be a carrier. The request was for my ex to get a sweat test because they felt there is reason to believe he may also have CF based on his health and his past medical history. He has refused any testing and honestly that is his choice. My concerns have been that my son has been diagnosed and is being treated and for it (may I also add he is healthier now more than he has ever been since treatment) and he is 9 years old and should not have to be told by his doctors and mother he has it and by his father that he doesn't. It is very confusing to him.