N-acetyl Cysteine

erock77

Not to alarm anyone, but have any of you experienced or heard of CFer's having hemoptysis after taking NAC?
It doesn't make sense and I doubt there's a correlation, but I'm a chronic bleeder and try and keep track of any cause and effects I can find.

After hearing about NAC off and on the past decade I finally bought the PharmaNAC from Canada as some recommended.

I had a small bleeding episode last week, then last night and again 15 minutes ago I coughed up about 1/4C of blood. Last week was before starting the NAC, but it totally sucks because I just had my 6th embolization last month. Thought I'd be bleed-free for a while.

Anyway, let me know if you know any cases related to the NAC and I'll stop taking it. I doubt it has anything to do with it, but doesn't hurt to investigate.

erock77

Not to alarm anyone, but have any of you experienced or heard of CFer's having hemoptysis after taking NAC?
It doesn't make sense and I doubt there's a correlation, but I'm a chronic bleeder and try and keep track of any cause and effects I can find.

After hearing about NAC off and on the past decade I finally bought the PharmaNAC from Canada as some recommended.

I had a small bleeding episode last week, then last night and again 15 minutes ago I coughed up about 1/4C of blood. Last week was before starting the NAC, but it totally sucks because I just had my 6th embolization last month. Thought I'd be bleed-free for a while.

Anyway, let me know if you know any cases related to the NAC and I'll stop taking it. I doubt it has anything to do with it, but doesn't hurt to investigate.

erock77

erock77

erock77

<br />It doesn't make sense and I doubt there's a correlation, but I'm a chronic bleeder and try and keep track of any cause and effects I can find.
<br />
<br />After hearing about NAC off and on the past decade I finally bought the PharmaNAC from Canada as some recommended.
<br />
<br />I had a small bleeding episode last week, then last night and again 15 minutes ago I coughed up about 1/4C of blood. Last week was before starting the NAC, but it totally sucks because I just had my 6th embolization last month. Thought I'd be bleed-free for a while.
<br />
<br />Anyway, let me know if you know any cases related to the NAC and I'll stop taking it. I doubt it has anything to do with it, but doesn't hurt to investigate.

saveferris2009

I'm a bleeder as well, and I haven't had any increases since.

Phase I and Phase II trials haven't shown bleeds, but that doesn't mean it can't cause it....

saveferris2009

Phase I and Phase II trials haven't shown bleeds, but that doesn't mean it can't cause it....

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />Phase I and Phase II trials haven't shown bleeds, but that doesn't mean it can't cause it....

65rosessamurai

I started Nebulizing three years ago, which was a first for me in 40 some years...I was using some inhaler which contained steroids and had my first bleed...I suspected the cause of the bleed to be the steroids in the inhaler.

Since the doc had immediately switched me over to the inhaled NAC at that time, I haven't encountered any bleeds in the past two years that would be related to the NAC.

65rosessamurai

I started Nebulizing three years ago, which was a first for me in 40 some years...I was using some inhaler which contained steroids and had my first bleed...I suspected the cause of the bleed to be the steroids in the inhaler.

Since the doc had immediately switched me over to the inhaled NAC at that time, I haven't encountered any bleeds in the past two years that would be related to the NAC.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />Since the doc had immediately switched me over to the inhaled NAC at that time, I haven't encountered any bleeds in the past two years that would be related to the NAC.