Nasal Cannula Relief

JennifersHope

My nose is bleeding, is dry, and hurts from my nasal cannula. At home I have it run through the humidifier but when I am out, I have no choice but to use the green tanks.. It is so uncomfortable, I am only on 2 L so it should not be so bad . Even at home my nose is so sore, that I keep taking off my O2.. I really should not do that since I am desatting still but I am miserable with it on and miserable with it off.<br><br>I called the home o2 people to ask them if they had any solutions and they didn't. What do you guys do???<br>

JennifersHope

My nose is bleeding, is dry, and hurts from my nasal cannula. At home I have it run through the humidifier but when I am out, I have no choice but to use the green tanks.. It is so uncomfortable, I am only on 2 L so it should not be so bad . Even at home my nose is so sore, that I keep taking off my O2.. I really should not do that since I am desatting still but I am miserable with it on and miserable with it off.<br><br>I called the home o2 people to ask them if they had any solutions and they didn't. What do you guys do???<br>

JennifersHope

Havoc

Is it the inside of your nose that's sore? There's a product called Ayr. It's a saline-based gel, which helps to moisturize the mucus membranes. You should be able to find it in any pharmacy. You could always inquire about viscous lidocaine as well. although I don't know if the glycerine would be a vector for bacteria or not.

Havoc

Is it the inside of your nose that's sore? There's a product called Ayr. It's a saline-based gel, which helps to moisturize the mucus membranes. You should be able to find it in any pharmacy. You could always inquire about viscous lidocaine as well. although I don't know if the glycerine would be a vector for bacteria or not.

Havoc

blindhearted

I am having the same problem Jennifer. I have recently tried the Ayr Saline Gel. It definitely helps It hasnt completely solved the issue, but then again I just started. I put it in my nostrils w/ q-tips, that way I can rub it into the walls and reach higher than my fingers, just dont try to poke ur brain. lol. I was told by some other ppl that their doctor suggested KY Jelly. Basically it has to be liquid based & glycerine free. Do NOT use Vaseline or Vicks Vapors. They can cause chemical pneumonia. Which I personally didn't know until recently from talking to other folks on O2. One person said they got an Rx from their Dr for poly/neosporin since the water based stuff seem to dry up so fast overnight.

blindhearted

I am having the same problem Jennifer. I have recently tried the Ayr Saline Gel. It definitely helps It hasnt completely solved the issue, but then again I just started. I put it in my nostrils w/ q-tips, that way I can rub it into the walls and reach higher than my fingers, just dont try to poke ur brain. lol. I was told by some other ppl that their doctor suggested KY Jelly. Basically it has to be liquid based & glycerine free. Do NOT use Vaseline or Vicks Vapors. They can cause chemical pneumonia. Which I personally didn't know until recently from talking to other folks on O2. One person said they got an Rx from their Dr for poly/neosporin since the water based stuff seem to dry up so fast overnight.

blindhearted

W

windex125

I've been using Ayr for years now it really helps with the dryness, I hope it works for you Pat-56/CF

W

windex125

I've been using Ayr for years now it really helps with the dryness, I hope it works for you Pat-56/CF

W

windex125