Nasal Polyps... does anyone have them?

baco623

Today I went to the doctor and he told me I have a lot of nasal polyps. He said he wants to treat them medically at first but if they don't go away in two months then I'll have to get nasal surgery. Has anyone else experienced this or had the surgery before? Does it help improve your breathing at all? Any information would be appreciated.

C

cosmicmystic

I have had several nasal polyp surgeries. It will definitely help you breathe better to get them removed. Easy recovery each time for me.

kmhbeauty

I have had 9 nasal surgeries on polyps. I am ddf508 and seem to have all the side effects of cf. Lungs and weight are strong but I get polyps all the time. my save your body some stress and avoid the steroids the doc wants to give you and just go for the surgery. Even if you do the steroids and the polyps shrink a little, they are still going to grow and you will still need the surgery. I try to put as little meds in my body as possible, they are not worth it. The surgery is not bad. I have easy surgeries and some where I woke up throwing up blood. I never woke up in pain, just irritated. After surgery, you will be fine in a day or two. I normally take a couple days off work and that's it. The worst of it is sometimes, you can scab up around the nostrils which is noticeable. It takes about 4 days and the scabbing will go away. Good luck, again save your body of the pills

I used to get nasal polyps all the time when I was younger. Ever since I was started on high doses of ibuprofen I haven't had them. Then when I was 15 (now 21) they tried to take me off of it. My nasal polyps started coming back immediately. So they started me back on the ibuprofen and I haven't had any since!

S

sdeuber

I had 5 sinus surgeries including polyp removal and septum correction. My fist one was 30 years ago - my last one was 8 years ago. What difference in medical advances and improvements. barely any pain, small pads in your nose instead of 3 mega tampons :)
After surgery you will immediately feel the relief - you can breath again.
I was told that the more surgeries you have the more scar tissue and therefore te more re-growth of polyps. I cannot attest to it. I am polyp free for 8 years now. I rinse EVERY morning with saline water and that seems to help as well.

running4life

I've had two sinus surgeries. One when I was a child and the last one in 2007. SO worth it. No more sinus headaches daily and I can breathe. Recovery wasn't bad. I was up and walking around the house that afternoon. Had to force myself to take it easy because I felt so good. Slight headache for a day or two and some discomfort because you can't blow your nose, but go for the surgery!

Vampy

I had them 6 years ago, 100 percent blockage in my left nostril, and a 95 percent in the other. I had surgery, broncial scope, pulips, sinus and to fix my deviated septum, but yet again i am growing them. It blows.

JENNYC

Abby also for a while had a sinus surgery to remove polyps every 3 months. We changed to doing steroids before and after to help with the bleeding during surgery and then the swelling afterwards and we also now take a nasal steroid every night and haven't had a sinus surgery in almost 2 years now. The steroids were a game changer for us because the swelling after the surgery always cause more polyps to grow. We also purchased a whole house Hepa filtration system too.

hellen

I had them 5 years ago and I took a medical treatment, just like you, and continued to get nasal surgery. Well, naval polyps just disappeared for several months and occurring again. It's terrible. And I decided to try some home remedies. Fortunely, I succeeded in getting rid of them forever. I used epsom salt:
Get one spoon of epsom salt mixed with warm water. Wait until all the salt is dissolved.
Keep the mixture in a spray bottle.
Use it in each nostril to get rid of nasal polyps quickly.
Actually, nasal surgery often help people to remove it completely, and remedies don't always work because they depend on the body condition of each person.
You can get further information at: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001641.htm
Also, if you're interested in natural treatment, visit here: https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-nasal-polyps/