Nathan's Bronch and Admission

pjspiegle

Yikes, this was a tough one. He woke up coughing his head off and vomitting, never done that before with a bronch.

Not sure what to make out of what the doctor said about it yet though. We usually get a "his lungs look better than a kid his age with CF" this time we got "his lungs look typical of a 16 year old with CF." What the heck does that mean? Should I be concerned? Is that bad, good, or indifferent?

Good news is that his right lower lobe improved a little since last bronch, the bad news is that his upper right lobe looks like crap. I haven't actually gotten to see the pictures or video yet though. Frank said it was definetely time for another tune-up though. We are at Denver Children's in the CRC, yippee! at least we are in our favorite unit.

I suppose we will get a better feel of what the plan is tomorrow. It didn't sound like they were letting us go anytime soon though. They want to do a CT scan in a "few" days after we have done some IV's to see where things are at and going. He loss another 3 lbs too. So with that, they are taking this tune-up more seriously than usual. They want to know what is causing the weight issues for him.

I'll be in chat later and will post updates as I get them and can.

Patty

Not much new to report yet. They did do an echo today. TPN is being discussed to see if that may help him gain some weight and give the boost he needs to get going in the right direction. I'll let you all know if I hear anything or if anything changes. Thanks

pjspiegle

Yikes, this was a tough one. He woke up coughing his head off and vomitting, never done that before with a bronch.

Not sure what to make out of what the doctor said about it yet though. We usually get a "his lungs look better than a kid his age with CF" this time we got "his lungs look typical of a 16 year old with CF." What the heck does that mean? Should I be concerned? Is that bad, good, or indifferent?

Good news is that his right lower lobe improved a little since last bronch, the bad news is that his upper right lobe looks like crap. I haven't actually gotten to see the pictures or video yet though. Frank said it was definetely time for another tune-up though. We are at Denver Children's in the CRC, yippee! at least we are in our favorite unit.

I suppose we will get a better feel of what the plan is tomorrow. It didn't sound like they were letting us go anytime soon though. They want to do a CT scan in a "few" days after we have done some IV's to see where things are at and going. He loss another 3 lbs too. So with that, they are taking this tune-up more seriously than usual. They want to know what is causing the weight issues for him.

Patty

Not much new to report yet. They did do an echo today. TPN is being discussed to see if that may help him gain some weight and give the boost he needs to get going in the right direction. I'll let you all know if I hear anything or if anything changes. Thanks

pjspiegle

Patty

pjspiegle

Patty

pjspiegle

<br />
<br />Not sure what to make out of what the doctor said about it yet though. We usually get a "his lungs look better than a kid his age with CF" this time we got "his lungs look typical of a 16 year old with CF." What the heck does that mean? Should I be concerned? Is that bad, good, or indifferent?
<br />
<br />Good news is that his right lower lobe improved a little since last bronch, the bad news is that his upper right lobe looks like crap. I haven't actually gotten to see the pictures or video yet though. Frank said it was definetely time for another tune-up though. We are at Denver Children's in the CRC, yippee! at least we are in our favorite unit.
<br />
<br />I suppose we will get a better feel of what the plan is tomorrow. It didn't sound like they were letting us go anytime soon though. They want to do a CT scan in a "few" days after we have done some IV's to see where things are at and going. He loss another 3 lbs too. So with that, they are taking this tune-up more seriously than usual. They want to know what is causing the weight issues for him.
<br />
<br />I'll be in chat later and will post updates as I get them and can.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Patty
<br />
<br />Not much new to report yet. They did do an echo today. TPN is being discussed to see if that may help him gain some weight and give the boost he needs to get going in the right direction. I'll let you all know if I hear anything or if anything changes. Thanks

M

MiddleAgedLady

Hoping Nathan is improving daily. Hang in there! Sending hugs to your family.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady