Natural or C-Section?

JazzysMom

I had a c section due to my history of hemoptysis. I got admitted in my 8th month for it & they were afraid to have me go through labor.

I was in for 2 weeks before my c section so my lungs were nice & clear. I still did my treatments etc, but not much came up.

I found the pain worst immediately after, but easily controlled. I had a spinal & not an epideral so once the spinal wore off....all I used was tylenol.

I had no real issues, but that is the way my pregnancy was. I actually was surprised it took so long for my hemoptysis to rear its ugly head.

JazzysMom

I had a c section due to my history of hemoptysis. I got admitted in my 8th month for it & they were afraid to have me go through labor.

I was in for 2 weeks before my c section so my lungs were nice & clear. I still did my treatments etc, but not much came up.

I found the pain worst immediately after, but easily controlled. I had a spinal & not an epideral so once the spinal wore off....all I used was tylenol.

I had no real issues, but that is the way my pregnancy was. I actually was surprised it took so long for my hemoptysis to rear its ugly head.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I was in for 2 weeks before my c section so my lungs were nice & clear. I still did my treatments etc, but not much came up.
<br />
<br />I found the pain worst immediately after, but easily controlled. I had a spinal & not an epideral so once the spinal wore off....all I used was tylenol.
<br />
<br />I had no real issues, but that is the way my pregnancy was. I actually was surprised it took so long for my hemoptysis to rear its ugly head.

KarenEliz

I had a C-Section (emergency c-section) back in December. I had a spinal and when it wore off I was on Percocet for 4 days, after that the pain was manageable... until I had to cough. The nurses taught be how to lean over and hold a pillow or blanket againts my abdomen to control the pain, but it took a good 2 weeks before I could cough pain free. While in the hospital the nurses did chest PT for me and my husband did it for me at home. It was a few weeks before I could use my vest. If you do have a C-Section I suggest getting on your feet as soon as possible to strengthen you abdominal muscles. And cough as little as possible for the first week!

KarenEliz

I had a C-Section (emergency c-section) back in December. I had a spinal and when it wore off I was on Percocet for 4 days, after that the pain was manageable... until I had to cough. The nurses taught be how to lean over and hold a pillow or blanket againts my abdomen to control the pain, but it took a good 2 weeks before I could cough pain free. While in the hospital the nurses did chest PT for me and my husband did it for me at home. It was a few weeks before I could use my vest. If you do have a C-Section I suggest getting on your feet as soon as possible to strengthen you abdominal muscles. And cough as little as possible for the first week!

KarenEliz

KarenEliz

KarenEliz

mom2lillian

planned a natural vaginal birth and ended up with a c-section via emergency heart rate issues.

The best advice I can give you is to make your mind up on what you want to try for but to NOT be so hell bent on it that it makes you miserable/disapointed/sad if it doesnt work out. My doctor said "you know I just knew something wouldnt work out right everyone who has something planned down to a 'T' has something unexpected go wrong" this was of course after everyting worked out and she knew I was fine with the turnout etc. I have since read so many that get disapointed with a c-section, true its not what I wanted but it brought into this world a healthy wonderful baby girl and that is what REALLY matters.

On recovery I have to admit I was non-compliant before having her and so it probably wasnt until 4 days post that I tried a treatment. I got compliant 100% by 4 weeks post and by that time my stomach was nto a problem. I did have pain when coughing after the c-section, I did use a tummy band for support and learned the pillow technique as well.

My plan is to find an OB that is pro-VB and see if I am a good candidate but I too am keeping an open mind......

mom2lillian

planned a natural vaginal birth and ended up with a c-section via emergency heart rate issues.

The best advice I can give you is to make your mind up on what you want to try for but to NOT be so hell bent on it that it makes you miserable/disapointed/sad if it doesnt work out. My doctor said "you know I just knew something wouldnt work out right everyone who has something planned down to a 'T' has something unexpected go wrong" this was of course after everyting worked out and she knew I was fine with the turnout etc. I have since read so many that get disapointed with a c-section, true its not what I wanted but it brought into this world a healthy wonderful baby girl and that is what REALLY matters.

On recovery I have to admit I was non-compliant before having her and so it probably wasnt until 4 days post that I tried a treatment. I got compliant 100% by 4 weeks post and by that time my stomach was nto a problem. I did have pain when coughing after the c-section, I did use a tummy band for support and learned the pillow technique as well.

My plan is to find an OB that is pro-VB and see if I am a good candidate but I too am keeping an open mind......

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />The best advice I can give you is to make your mind up on what you want to try for but to NOT be so hell bent on it that it makes you miserable/disapointed/sad if it doesnt work out. My doctor said "you know I just knew something wouldnt work out right everyone who has something planned down to a 'T' has something unexpected go wrong" this was of course after everyting worked out and she knew I was fine with the turnout etc. I have since read so many that get disapointed with a c-section, true its not what I wanted but it brought into this world a healthy wonderful baby girl and that is what REALLY matters.
<br />
<br />On recovery I have to admit I was non-compliant before having her and so it probably wasnt until 4 days post that I tried a treatment. I got compliant 100% by 4 weeks post and by that time my stomach was nto a problem. I did have pain when coughing after the c-section, I did use a tummy band for support and learned the pillow technique as well.
<br />
<br />My plan is to find an OB that is pro-VB and see if I am a good candidate but I too am keeping an open mind......